1.15.2008

Happy Birthday….to me!

Seems that the only way I’ll actually hear that in the morning in my house is to say it to myself! Yet again this year my darling husband didn’t say a darn thing to me this morning about my birthday. You’d think I’d be used to this by now, since it happens every year. (Probably even blogged about the one year when we drove into work together, since we worked so close, and he didn’t say a darn thing. The girls at work wanted to call him and tear him a new one…lol!)

Well, this morning was like all others. But, this time around after fuming over it for a few hours and in the middle of my workout of treadmill and prenatal dvd’s I got a phone call. It seems he was up on a ladder and remembered what stinking day it was. He decided he should get down and call me, which he did. I have to say, I made a point to say how irritating it was and how I’d been cursing him out. Sorry, but after this many years of doing it over and over again, you gotta know it ticks me off. There was a partial lame excuse that since I didn’t want anything done that he forgot. Let’s not go there, okay?

Which brings me to the fact that I’m pretty low maintenance I think. Well, I’m not sure. But, I’m not a girl that expects flowers (although they’d be nice), I don’t want more jewelry (unless it’s something you know I want and I’ve mentioned it), I not a huge fan of going out to eat (pregnant and trying to stay Weight Watchers friendly makes it difficult) and I don’t think I ask for more than common niceties that I’d give to someone else. Maybe I’m crazy, maybe I do ask for too much, maybe I’m more high maintenance than I think I am. I don’t know.

So far today I’ve worked out, showered, ate lunch, gone to Costco and two other grocery stores, unpacked groceries, vacuumed the house and started marinating the beef for tonight’s dinner. Oh, need I forget having to yell at my son a lot and talk to him about the fact that I hate having to seen so mean to him, but he doesn’t listen and that’s a problem. That I want to do nice and fun things with him, but it’s hard to do when he’s being bad and not listening to me most of the time. Of course I came up with a dinner plan for tonight (as always but this time I had no clue and pretty much planned as I shopped), we’re having London broil, pierogies with onions (I am a good part-Polish girl on my birthday…lol) and roasted asparagus. As any other night I’ll have a huge salad too, otherwise I don’t feel like I had a meal. Not sure about dessert, but than again that’s not a big deal for me so I didn’t worry about it at all.

Realizing, as I’m sitting here, just how tired I am. I’m really hoping that I don’t fall asleep before having to make dinner. That would be kinda funny, if I zonked out before needing to start making it! Well, I guess it is my day, I can do stuff like that if I want.

Again I say…Happy Birthday! Not only to myself but to all those others that share a birthday with Martin Luther King, Jr. I know of a few others out there and even though I’m not sure if they ever read this, I wish them well on their/our special day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home