1.08.2008

I seemed to have felt a burst of energy today since I did 32 min on the treadmill, 20 min of free weights, and a 60 min prenatal DVD all this morning while Jackson was at school. I walked down to get him from the bus and for some reason I mentioned to him that we could take a walk after lunch. So, we ate some lunch and were out for a walk and some play time in the park for about an hour. We even took Pippy with us, she seems tuckered out right now. Too bad the same can’t be said for Jackson…lol. I however could really use to take a nap and might set Jackson up with something so that I can.

I know the walk was spurred on by the fact that it’s in the mid to high 60’s here today. You can’t help but want to go outside and enjoy. I might even see what the temperature is like after dinner and see if everyone wants to go out for a short walk at that time. But than again, since I’m kinda fading now…might not get around to that. Although, I could be slick and send Joe, Jackson and Pippy out for a walk…yeah, that’s a good plan.

The baby is kicking like crazy right now. You can actually see my stomach bouncing around…it’s too funny.

We did end up keeping Jackson out of school last week on Thursday and I ended up taking him to the pediatrician. Which might I say; I didn’t like having to do because I thought it was going to be a complete waste. And, it was. I was told that he’s just got the same cold that everyone else has and that there isn’t anything they can do or give him, and that I should just keep up with what we were doing. He’s still dealing with the running nose and the cough. So, we give him meds at night so that he can sleep.

Joe worked the first bridal show of a few over the next couple of months. It was also the first one that he was completely in charge of since he’s the base store for these shows. We had to go out on Saturday to pick some stuff up for the Sunday show, which I was a little annoyed about since it was done on our family time. But, if it’s got to be done, than there isn’t much I can do about it. He said the show went pretty well, even though I didn’t get anything out of it…lol. When he does the big one in Baltimore I end up with cake and sometimes other goodies as well. He wasn’t even able to give me the flowers they bought for the display vase because one of the girls that was working for him that day snagged them before he could. Argh! Now to just get reimbursed for all the stuff we had to pick up prior, than I’ll be happy.

I will say though, his work schedule for his week just blows! Yesterday he worked a double shift, which meant well over 12 hours of work after a day of the bridal show that was over 12 hours as well. Than, he called me with his schedule to tell me that he’ll be working at least 1 or 2 more doubles during the week and it will actually be a 6-day workweek. So, he will be home for dinner tonight but probably not home to really see us for most of the week. He’s off of work on tomorrow, I need to take advantage while he’s actually home.

Yesterday Jackson and I had a fun experience in the kitchen. When we went out to Barnes & Noble the other day with his big old gift card we picked up a bunch of books for him, including the Sesame Street C is for Cooking cookbook. Well, we made the Banana Fruit Spread in the book. It’s calls for a banana, light cream cheese (we used fat free) and strawberries (we used strawberry jelly) to all be mashed together and than can be spread on top of toast. It came out pretty dang good I might say. He had some on toast as a snack and than we had it on cinnamon crumpets with a sliced up peach on top for dessert. He was very proud of himself for being able to make something with mommy in the kitchen.

Oh, my cousin’s wife had their baby on Sunday morning. Julia Grace was born weighing in at 5 lbs 10 oz and 17 ½ inches long. I had to laugh because Jackson darn near doubled her in weight and was almost 5 inches longer! She’s a smaller woman than me, but it did make me wonder if she didn’t eat much due to being worried about weight gain, I could see that. I know I’m so over analytical since I know random information and try to keep stay up to date. I sure hope that’s not it. My mom keeps saying, yeah, but Jackie and Ryan are shorter. I get that, so that covers length. But come on…this kid wasn’t a preemie so what the heck is the deal with the baby’s weight? Oh well, as long as they are all healthy that’s all that matters. Maybe it’s because I birth turkeys not babies that I get sensitive…lol!

Update on the holiday cards…I finally got them all ready to go out. Everything is done, except for actually sending them out in the mail. They should go out tomorrow. I’m very happy about that.

I hope everyone’s 2008 is going well and they are enjoying the newness of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home