1.02.2008

As anyone who reads my ramblings regularly knows, I was very glad to see 2007 leave. I think that a miscarriage, almost losing my husband to a heart attack, ovarian cysts, marriage stuff, family stuff and numerous other things happening allow me to say good riddance to a year that didn’t treat me too well for the most part. That’s not to say I didn’t have good times during the year, but when you think of the big events of my year, they all pretty much were on the sucky side of life.

Our New Year’s Eve was pretty boring. Again, remember, stay-at-home-mom here…lol. For some reason Joe asking Jackson if he wanted to stay up late to ring in the New Year. I was shocked since I wasn’t sure if we were even staying up to ring it in! Well, after watching a Franklin’s Adventure movie on Noggin and than switching over to some adult related festivities, having the phone ring and it be my in-laws and making some snacks for the boys…Jackson fell asleep on me around 11:30. Joe and I stayed up and Joe took Jackson up to bed shortly after midnight while I did the normal check of the house for the night. Like I said, nothing exciting, but I’m okay with that. The years of hosting the neighborhood NYE party are over and no one else decided to take the reigns!

Prior to the New Year my sister was here with her kids and husband. We all remember I’m not a fan of his, right? Well, he proved me right again. He’s one of those people that never does anything to drastic that you want to hit him and throw him out of your house, but it’s the constant things on a low level that are almost worse because you end up thinking about it and being even more frustrated because it’s all so low level that he gets away with it.

Some examples…
-He broke one of my chairs, opted to try to blame the chair for the damage and never offered any money to replace it. Oh, just as extra info, he wasn't sitting on it right. He was leaning back on it, you're 6 foot 10 1/2 inches, you really shouldn't decide to disperse your weight like that on a chair. They aren't made for the bulk of the weight to be on the back of the chair, it's made to be on the butt of the chair ya moron.
- He is so useless, made a comment to Joe about their windshield wipers and how he was going to ask the mechanic to replace them, obviously that’s ridiculous, so Joe drove him over the auto parts place and helped him pick out new ones and helped him get some other fluids they needed for my sisters car and than proceeded to do all the work on the car. For the love of Pete man, you’re 56 years old and can’t change wiper blades? I’ve changed my own on numerous occasions (all prior to Joe because let’s be honest, it’s a perk of having a husband…lol).
- He snacks in front of my kid after I make a point of saying that we don’t eat snacks during the day because it ruins dinner times (explains why his kids don’t eat well) and you did it in my freakin’ living room. Um, did you ask if you could eat in there? We have house rules around here buddy, no food unless in kitchen or morning room (where we eat our meals) unless it’s a party or something special.
- I found out he doesn’t shovel the driveway or walkway at their house, uses the fact that he had knee replacement stuff done this year as his excuse. Um, yeah, that was months ago and if the dr cleared you for work you can do it. My sister shouldn’t have to be at work at 5 am to come home at 2 pm to clear the driveway so you can park when you get home.
- This list could go on…but I think you get the point, right?

If you take him out of the equation, the trip was great. I over ate on foods I normally don’t, but did watch when and where I could. I opted to have us eat all the meals at home, since I knew it was be easier for my mother. Kristin (my sis) and I went out and did some grocery shopping the first day we were together and picked up everything we needed. I paid at one store and she paid at the other, so it was nice to be able to both chip in like that.

For those keeping up with the pregnant lady…hehe…I’m currently 25 weeks along and had another appointment the other day. Things are going just fine and here is a funny moment from my appointment. The dr starts to do the Doppler to hear the baby’s heart beat…well, she gets a great reading and the heart is beating away as it should. Just as she’s really set for the best sound and we start to say how great he sounds, the lil’ bugger kicks her and moves around so that she can’t hear anymore. What a stinker! My weight has hit a plateau and she’s obviously happy about that. This whole limited carbs and junk seems to be working, even though I could really go for a heaping plate of pasta about now! The good part is that the baby is still growing, which is very evident to those that have seen me. My next appointment will be the last one that’s 4 weeks apart, than we go to 2 weeks and at the end once a week. The plan right now is to have another ultrasound done at 32 weeks, check out size and decide from there what we’re going to do about delivery. She was saying it’s way to early to make that decision right now and safer for the baby to see what the deal is at that point. She’s still leaning towards c-section but said that induction could be done, but may still leave to c-section if the baby gets stuck or nothing wanting to come out. The bummer of it all is that this part appointment was the last one with my actually ob/gyn and the rest will be with other drs in the practice. I’ve seen a few so far but will see the rest before the due date. My dr is going on sabbatical until after the birth, so she won’t be able to do the delivery.

Jackson is sick, again! I’m still deciding if he’ll go to school tomorrow or if I’ll keep him home and try to get him in to see the dr. It’s my day at class mom, so not sure what I’ll do. I knew he didn’t feel well when he made a comment about taking a nap today, he NEVER says he wants to it always turns into a fight that I recently decided to stop having. But, Joe’s home tomorrow and I had plans to go shopping for another pair of maternity jeans, so this is going to put a cramp that whole agenda a little. Joe plans to go to Weight Watchers for his regular meeting and that will be great. He’s prepared for all the extras that will show themselves since it’s the beginning of the year. Always happens, the website gets clogged up, the meetings are full and by March it all dwindles down some.

My Christmas cards still have not gone out, gotta work on that. They are slowly turning in post-New Year’s cards…lol. Ya know, this year, my motto is better late than never. If you want the picture card ya gotta take what ya get when ya get it! I should be working on that now actually.

I should be off to put lil’ man to bed soon and have some apple as a snack. This kiddo inside of me is sure hungry at night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home