12.15.2007

As I type I sit here cold, as I tend to do when the weather gets even a slight cooler out. I swear, I must be the only pregnant woman in history to be this cold all the time because it's difficult to purchase cold weather maternity clothes that have any style or diversity. So, I'm layered up and attempting to stay warm. I'm cheap people, so the heat could be up more, but won't be!

Woke up this morning with a headache that made my head feel like it weighed a ton. I think having Jackson in bed coughing into my head all night and Joe snoring because he forgot to put his sleep machine back on after getting Jackson more medicine at night were the culprits...but what do I know. Also, I'm probably coming down with something...more on the rest of my family below.

Jackson is asleep on the sofa, poor guy is sick again. I could tell he didn't feel well when he said he wanted my blanket (mine because it's a hunter green fleece throw that I got at Eddie Bauer some years back) and volunteered to take a nap. This is the same kid that throws a tantrum when you mention naps, so he's definitely sick. He coughs all the time and if it keeps up I'll be calling the pediatricians office tomorrow to get a sick appointment during their weekend hours in the morning.

Pippy is also sleeping, as probably the cats are too. She however opted for the love seat across the room from Jackson. That seems to be her place of honor in our house, anyone that tries to sit there gets the Pippy love of her sitting all over you until you pet her and give her attention.

Joe is at work, but he's also sick. He left work early on Thursday because of being sick, which he never does, that's just not done at his work...leave early when you're salaried...never! Well, considering he barely could talk and kept coughing, I guess they realized he should go. Not exactly what you want your Fine Tabletop and China Manager to be doing while trying to help customers. Luckily yesterday he had off of work, but still felt like poop this morning. Actually, he slept right through the time he should have gotten to work, but he called and said he'd attempt to come in. He's there and probably will be there until very late tonight (he got there around 9:30 or so this morning, but with the holiday I don't except the minimum 10 hour day to stay in place, probably more like 12 or so). I guess I should be happy though, he's working both weekend days next weekend, having Wednesday and Thursday off. Plus, usually they pull 6 day weeks this time of year, but right now that's not called for, although he was the ONLY manager in the building to offer himself up for it. That's my guy...overworked, underpaid and willing to show he'll do more to get up that ladder!

Finally some of our outside decorations are up. I have to admit, I hate them this year. In years past we've had lovely lights, all over the house. Now, we've never been and never will be that house with so many lights that you think back to National Lampoons or anything like that...but, always nice and tasteful (I'll have it no other way people, I only really like white lights as it is!) Well, with Joe having the heart attack scare and not feeling well, he only got to put some up yesterday and didn't do that many. I honestly think some should come down because if you're not going to do it full on/right, just don't do it at all. But, whatever. We almost got into an argument about it yesterday as it was, I walked away before I said something horrific, so I'm leaving it as it is right now. My thought on it is this though, if "we're" not using all the lights and decorations again next year, we have to sell them, because we have more than we know what do so with and even had to purchase overhead storage for the garage to store it all. Plus, I have a 40 some odd foot ladder under my deck that could be sold if not needed.

My mom's fridge in her part of the house died. Had Sears come out to look at it and he thinks she used a knife to clean out the frost, which made a hole in the coolant line or something and freon (sp?) leaked, killing the fridge. Well, my mom says she didn't, but Joe and I think she did. She's claiming she used her hand to hit at it...but come on...who does that? I really think she used a sharp item, especially since she didn't fight the concept of purchasing a new one. Last night we went out to get her the new one, well, she comes up this morning to say it's not working either. Now to go back and return it, try to get a new one and set that up. I have way lots in my fridge right now because I have her stuff too and there isn't any room.

I haven't started any of my holiday baking. NONE AT ALL! I can't believe it myself. I did narrow down the list this year, not doing my crazy list of at least a dozen different cookies, a few truffles, bars, pie or cake...that's just too much. But, I'll do a few cookies, some truffles and probably a pie or something like that. The plan was to start today, but waking up with a colossal headache nixed that idea.

My sister is still coming down after the holiday, which will be great, just wish I could get her to come FOR the holiday and not right after. Anyway. It will be great to see her and the girls, they really want to see Aunt Kim pregnant...lol...it ain't that thrilling I swear. The big downside now is that they probably will be staying at a hotel and not with us, as her husband somehow got himself some time off ot work and plans to come with her. He complains about beds since he's tall (yes, he's tall, he's 6'10 1/2") anytime there is a full bed he moans that it's not big enough. This is the guy that slept on a sofa for years when he lived in a glorified garage with his kids before meeting my sister, but what do I know, right? Well, instead of just sucking it up and sleeping on the floor, now she's gotta shell out for a hotel to make him happy. He should just stay up in Maine and not ruin all our plans and enjoyment since he's such an ass. Plus, I don't trust him in my house alone, so that will be interesting.

Working on a grocery list, not because the weather is supposed to turn, that doesn't bother me or Joe at all. But, my mom said she'd come up so I could run that errand this afternoon, which is awesome. She's been doing that a lot, so it helps me out a lot. Well, this list started with just a few things and now it keeps growing! This is what happens when I realize I should look to see what I need to do baking this week.

Still need to decide on dinner, not feeling it at all lately, bored with making dinner I guess. I have stuff to throw together in a hurry if I need to though, so that's good. Heck, Jackson would eat hot dogs, mac n cheese and coleslaw every night if I'd let him. Maybe I'll do that if I get lazy, but I do have stuff for turkey meatloaf, ham, etc, in the house...I'll decide around 5 when I need to start it all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home