3.16.2009

Yesterday we received the call that we've been expecting to get. My Nana died. Over the past week they'd put in a morphine drip and her breathing had slowly become more labored. We know it was only a matter of time, but we were still trying to get up to see her before she passed. Sadly, that didn't happen for us. We were supposed to go up on Wednesday. Now we will be up there on Wednesday still, but probably Tuesday also and this time it won't be a quick day trip it will be for a funeral. Nana only wanted a visitation time and she wants to be cremated. So, that's all being planned. We're waiting to hear from my Uncle's in regards to the final plans and what we should be doing on our end. I already have the one cat boarded, have plans to call for the dog, have neighbors getting our mail and paper, and know what hotel I'm calling for a suite. I've cried, yes. But I think I'd made peace with this a while ago since she's not been the same person I grew up with for years. I'm exhausted and know these next couple of days are going to suck ass. I'm supposed to be looking for pictures of her now but just make myself get up to do it.

Today has been busy. Took Nathaniel for a dr visit, follow up on finding out he's got asthma and having to give him nebulizer treatments every 4-6 hrs. Than bank, Costco, lunch. Next appt was vet for cat to follow up on her diabetes, but I was able to leave her there. We have to go back with her food and meds before 6 pm. There is just a lot to do and I don't know how I'm going to get it all done before I have do leave. Well, I gotta get moving. No workout yet today and I can tell I need it, I need that stress relief. Oh, that said, I'm planning to do a 10K in about a month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home