Don't be alarmed readers...I'm actually posting less than a week apart...lol!
Life is moving along, as it should do I guess. We're not doing anything ultra thrilling for the holiday tomorrow. This year we don't have any family coming into town so we're kinda having a normal dinner...that just happens to be a huge ass turkey and sides. We're heading to friends for dessert, so I have to still make that stuff, but it's not as big of a deal as when you have people at your house and have to put up with all that extra stuff. I know tonight I'll make the cranberry sauce and might do the pumpkin cheesecake. Otherwise I'll just do the cheesecake tomorrow along with the cookies. Heck, maybe I'll do those with Jackson tonight too. I don't know. I'm not too worried as you can tell.
As with all the holidays as a retail widow, tomorrow will be the last day that we know for sure that Joe will be home until Christmas. Those days I at least know that the store is closed, all other days are a crap shot so I can never really know. This week his normal weekend day off had to be changed (don't get me started on the fact that it's b/c one of his co-workers wanted to go home to see family so it messed with the whole schedule...she got bitched out by the head manager, thankfully) so he'll be home on a Sunday. We missed out on getting tix for Breakfast with Santa at Boyd's so we're just going to hit the bagel shop that morning and than head up there. I just want the pic of Jackson and Nathaniel with Santa and could really care less about the breakfast part so this works better for us anyway.
Yesterday I did something awesome...filled the van's gas tank...for FREE! I had enough money saved up on my grocery store card that it covered more than the cost of gas. So I was able to do a fill up for nothing, love it! Joe will even be able to go and get money off is fill up too, so that's cool.
Life has been a little more orderly since my mother-in-law left on Monday morning. I know she wasn't here that long, but the short amount of time she was here she messed up the schedule. Poor Nathaniel just didn't know what to do or when to sleep, he was so confused. I think he's back to his schedule, pretty much.
Speaking of the lil' guy, he's teething and cranky...a lot. Today it took forever to get him down for his morning nap and of course that messed with the afternoon nap. So, we'll see how he does tonight and how it factors into his eating or sleeping later on. I know he's miserable and I feel bad for him, but he's gotta stop pulling the crap out of my hair. That shit really hurts.
The older one...ie Jackson...has been somewhat of a handle lately. His listening and being a good kid are great at school. But it's like the moment he gets off the bus and gets into the car or comes up to me standing there, he loses his damn mind! I know it's because he's 5 and he's pushing the limits, etc. But it wears on ya after a while. He's a good kid, really he is. He's smart, thoughtful, kind, loving, all the good stuff...but he has to just do it/be it consistently.
Some quick things that I've realized...
-When Joe's mom has been here we have tension for the days following
-I wish I had a chance to sing for real - not just at home
-I'd like to be at goal weight by Nathaniel's 1st birthday (being at lifetime would be great, but that might be biting off more than I chew...horrible, I know)
-My mother works my nerves a lot, been doing it to Joe too...but he seems to notice more when his mother has been here...hmmmm
-My kid(s) always end up sick while/after my MIL has been here and she's coughing the whole time she's here...am I the only one that sees the connection?
-Having family live all over, and not where you live, kinda sucks ass at the holidays when you're always spending them as just your immediate family
-I love Christmas music more and more each year
-Hugh Jackman as sexiest man for the year is well deserved, I've thought he was hot for a while now
-I'd love to just get my kids a few Christmas gifts each and call it a day, but I think I'll be overruled by the daddy-man
-Running is my form of stress relief, I'm not up to 4 miles or more and love doing it
Well, I'm off to go do something wifely...like prep for tomorrow or something. Jackson is playing and Nathaniel is napping so I guess I should take advantage.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all get to enjoy a wonderful time with your friends and family!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home