11.28.2008

Just a few quickies as I sit here waiting for a call from Joe saying he's on his way home from work...

Joe did our black friday shopping this morning. Was out of the house before 5 AM for the opening of Toys R Us. He also hit up KMart, Target, Walmart and Sports Authority. He picked up a bunch of stuff and did pretty well. I think that we're essentially done with Jackson's gifts and we only planned to get a few things for Nathaniel so we're done with him as well. I wish we could afford to get Jackson a big thing this year, but we can't. I think we'll hold out until his birthday for the handheld game system that we eyed up. He can wait and hopefully won't complain too much. Heck, I can always blame it on Santa, right?

Sadly after he did the shopping, poor Joe came home for a nap, showered and got ready for work. He seemed okay when we talked earlier so hopefully he's still hanging in. He'll work again tomorrow and will be thrilled for Sunday.

We had a great time going over to our friends house last night. It was great to be able to hang out for a while, have some dessert, and just relax. My mom got on both Joe and my nerves during our dinner time, so that wore on us both. She's been in her prime in terms of annoying us lately, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

My knees have been bothering me lately. I know I probably should get them checked out, but I think I'm worried that they'll say I can't run for a while or that something needs to be done and I'm not up for that. I'm just getting to the point of realizing that I like running and want to do more training. To be sidelined would suck. But, at the same time, I know if I don't see someone and I have some type of injury I know that I'll be most crap outta for exercise. I gotta just make the call. Darn it all!

Sit down and wait for it...I'm thinking of going to church. Now I don't know if it will ever happen, but I've been thinking about it. Yes, a long while back Joe mentioned that he'd go with me but that he's only say it once and than he'd leave it alone. I don't know if that offer is still on the table though. The downside is that now we have an infant and going and not knowing anyone there would leave me unwilling to put him in the nursery. Oh well. Still just thinking about it and no plans made, not even mentioned it to Joe, so it's probably never going to happen. I still have my deep internal struggle with God and everything that's happened in my life, so who knows.

I'm off to settle the rest of the night and get ready for bed. Joe called, he's on the way home, now to hear the great stories from the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home