12.31.2008

So...obviously I've been lax on posting on my blog. There are varied reasons, but to be the most honest I can be...I've been too busy messing around on Facebook to post on here. HAHA. That's right, I've been completely sucked into that world and find it the easiest way to stay in contact with a multitude of people. Added bonus, I've gotten in touch with so many friends from my past that it's made it worth it.

That said, let's see if there is any chance of catching up on the past month...I may have to work backwards and I know I'll miss stuff...but let's go for it...

Today is New Year's Eve and we're doing nothing of note. Which is fine with me, for the most part. Would it be fun to go out and party? Hell yeah! Is that realistic with two kids and no set babysitter? Hell no! So, there ya go. I'm good with being home with my family and enjoying a quiet night. I'm actually hoping to even be able to stay up until midnight, so we'll see how that all goes.

The past weekend included having my sister and her family here for a visit. Normally they stay with us, but since her husband came down for the holiday visit they needed to stay at a hotel because of room (he's 6'10 1/2" so a full bed doesn't really do it for him). Well, either way. They were here Sat evening through all of Sunday and we had a great time. Not long enough, but still had a good time. I'm grateful that they take the trip down here to see us.

Christmas Day itself was quiet but fun. I did most of the work on the actual day and that lead to tension in the house, I tend to forget that being the mommy means a lot of work. Jackson held out for opening gifts, than I made breakfast (gingerbread pancakes, turkey sausage, oranges, and pears), ate, cleaned up, did some cookie baking, the boys (all three of them...lol...Joe included) played, I prepped for dinner, we had lunch, I cleaned up the kitchen again, hung out and actually sat down for a minute, than I worked out while they continued to play, we all finally got ready, than I had to start dinner, ate, cleaned up, etc, etc... Don't get me wrong, it was a great day, but I don't feel like I sat down for very long and I was tired after. We didn't go overboard this year, as with everyone else there isn't the fund-age available for lots of gifts. But no complaints were had by anyone. Well, that's not true. Joe complained because we didn't do gifts with each other, but whatever, he's an adult. Get over it.

Okay...I gotta run for now (literally, I'm going for my workout). Hoping to get back to do the rest of my updating...

If I doesn't happen today...let me say this...

Happy New Year's to everyone! Wishing the joys of 2009 upon you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home