11.02.2008

Right now I'm sitting on the sofa while Jackson is playing. He's been sick since last night and we figured he had an ear infection, after going to a sick appointment today we know for sure that's what he has. Luckily, he's pretty much been a trooper through it all. Slept for a good while and now playing. He was even good when we went to the store to pick up the prescription for him. I'm hoping this doesn't leave him all icky for too long. He is a typical male, so he'll be way whinier than he needs to be! LOL! Poor kid.

Over the monitor I can hear Nathaniel snoring away. He is 7 months old now...I can't believe it. Already he's been cursed as being the younger of the two, by being schlept all over to things for his big brother. But, he's usually so happy that it doesn't phase him too much.

Halloween around these parts was great. As for costumes...Jackson was Bumblebee from Transformers Animated and Nathaniel was a skeleton. Joe and I didn't get dressed up, but there is a slight chance you might see us dressed up next year. I know some of you out there (and you know who you are) are very much pushing for that. You have a whole year to prime me for that idea...lol.

After the treat-or-treating was done, the partying began. We had our friends over, kids and all, to enjoy some festivities at the house. It was far better than being out in the 'sac because it was easier to have food and drink out. I did a little partaking of the alcoholic drinks, I mean really, I had found recipes for pumpkin pie and apple martinis. I had to have SOME, right? It seemed like everyone had fun and we hope to do it again next year. I made way too much food, as usual when I have any type of party. And, I ate way too much food. But it was totally worth it. I had fun, even if I was trashed for a little while!

I can't wait for Tuesday to be over with. I'm all about going out and doing my civic duty of voting. But this has been the longest election process and everyone seems to want it to be over with by now. Of course we all want our candidate to win, that's a given, but just having it be over will well worth it all.

Okay, I'm off to take care of Jackson. He is cuddling up on the sofa and probably wants a nap. I gotta take advantage of this time being cute and cuddly, it doesn't happen all the time anymore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home