So yesterday ended up being pretty interesting. The morning was pretty good, I was able to exercise and stuff. But, in the afternoon after getting ready and preparing to go downstairs with laundry basket I heard a pop sound and felt my lower back just go weird. Now I have to say, their wasn’t much laundry in that basket, but for some reason I must have been picking it up the wrong way and it did something to me. So, now I kinda walk funny. Mostly when I first get up, since sitting seems to be the worst damage. Today I even worked out by doing treadmill and a yoga/pilates prenatal dvd and it didn’t feel bad at all. I figured if it bothered me I would stop, but it didn’t so I kept up with it and I’m glad I did.
Joe worked the bridal show yesterday and seems that went kinda weird. I’m not surprised because of where he was at, they don’t seem to be a upscale bridal registry area, which he knows from having worked out that way at their Bed, Bath and Beyond store a few years back. Next weekend he’s back our way for another show and this was is supposed to be pretty big. He was excited that he wasn’t going to be stuck out their as long as he thought since the show wasn’t that long, so he was able to come home at a more reasonable time of 7:30 or so after leaving at 7:15 in the morning.
Not long after he got home, but before we were going to head out, I realized that the heat wasn’t doing its full job on the first floor and basement levels of the house. We have separate units so I didn’t notice until I had been upstairs and came back down to the first floor and felt that it was a little too cool at the time. So, Joe had to go downstairs and play around with the unit and for some reason it started back up again. Of course it was so cold during the middle of the night the system wasn’t able to fully recover but didn’t allow it to get colder. It didn’t fully recover its temperature until this morning. It was a scary moment because my mom needs for the house to stay a pretty constant temperature because of my Multiple Sclerosis, since ranges of temps so drastically alter it. She even feels it when it gets cold outside, when he’s not even out there, so I know how important it is. Luckily, she did okay and the system recovered itself.
Once the heat situation was fixed Joe, Jackson and I went to the bowling alley to meet up with the people from his work. They were having a night out because they won some competition for Customer Service (I think that’s what it was this time, because they made a big deal how Joe should be there and he is semi-in charge of CS as it was his head job before). Anyway, they had a night out planned and always have to pick Sunday because it’s the night that everyone would get out of work the earliest, so we went since we were invited as well. They of course had bowling, but also had pizza, cake and sodas. I had a few bites of Joe and Jackson’s pizza but we stayed away from the cake. Jackson had already eaten dinner, but for some reason plowed right through two pieces of pizza…that’s my boy! We were there long enough for three games to be played, but I only played two games since I wasn’t sure how my back would do. The first game I played, oh my, horrible! It’s been a long time since I last bowled, sometime before I was even pregnant with Jackson, which means over 5 years ago. The second game I did much better, so that was good. I had fun and we had Jackson up late…lol…no school until Thursday though so it’s okay.
The Giants won yesterday! I’m not a big fan of football and don’t usually watch much of the games, usually just enough to keep up with the scores for the teams I want to know about. Well, I was so excited to see them beat the Packers! I have to say, I’m bummed that the kids don’t have school because more than half of the people at the bus stop are Packers fans and I’m the only Giants (along with Steelers) fan and I’d love to be able to pull a kid maneuver of making fun of them. It was a good game though and glad I was able to see it with some of Joe’s co-workers who are also Giants fans.
I’ve been in a funk about making dinners again; I always pull something out of a hat, but just don’t feel the love in it! Yesterday wasn’t bad as I had some frozen chili that I defrosted and we all enjoyed. I made corn bread for the rest of the family and they enjoyed it. Of course with going bowling Joe didn’t eat it, but that just means he had lunch for today and already has something packed for tomorrow too. Tonight dinner will just be strange, but I don’t care. Jackson really wants mac and cheese and since I get the Amy’s Organic I don’t mind making it for them once a week or once every other week. His favorite meal is to have it with hot dogs and mommy’s cole slaw, but I don’t have the stuff to make that. So, we’ll have it with chicken garlic sausage and roasted carrots. He gets his mac and cheese and I’ll have spaghetti squash with ff cheddar cheese on top to get the same feel. This week I have to be careful not go get out of hand right before my doctor’s appointment on Thursday morning w/the ob/gyn. It’s not that I don’t expect a gain of some type, it’s just a matter of keeping it under control, as we should all worry about, pregnant or not!
Okay, let me shut my trap and get moving. I need to think of something of occupy Jackson for a while before dinner that doesn’t include the computer or his v-smile since he’s been a little bad and he’s not allowed to have that today. So, mommy has to be even more creative when she wants to nap or have some alone time…does that happen once you’re a mom? Keep dreaming…not to much!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home