Hoping that everyone has a good holiday and celebrated Thanksgiving in a way that was special to them. We had a simple meal but added in a few things that we liked that are extras to the normal meal. Breaking it down, we had, turkey, gravy, cran-apple stuffing muffins, husputt (Dutch thing, it's carrots, potatoes and onions mashed up w/salt and pepper, family tradition to have), roasted brussel sprouts, homemade cranberry sauce and whole wheat rolls. I also made a crustless pumpkin pie for the big day but have since also made a pumpkin cheesecake.
My IL's were here for a few days too. To my surprise they showed up approximately when they said they would (they are always late) and actually left when they said they would. And, the kicker is, they even paid for stuff. They paid when we went out to dinner the one night and even paid for groceries the next day when I went to pick up stuff for a really nice deli style lunch. I know this means I won't see any contributions from them in a long time, but it was nice. I was even able to use up leftover turkey when I made a big casserole that seemed to be a hit. It had in it, egg noodles, white meat turkey, fat free turkey gravy, sautéed onions and mushrooms, a bag of frozen peas and carrots and a bag of frozen mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn, green beans) and of course some salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning. It was pretty good if I do say so myself, especially since I think it's probably the first casserole I've every cooked! And, even with us all eating from it there was still two servings left over that hubby has taken for work meals.
Lil' man is still sick. The other night I thought I was going to end up in the ER in the middle of the night since he was crying uncontrollably that his ear hurt so bad he couldn't do anything. He's still dealing with the running nose and cold stuff, but he's not mentioned the ear since that night and slept through the night great for us, once he fell asleep. I guess some meds of cold medicine and children's motrin will really not a kid out.
Went for my 20 week ob/gyn appt today and found out that we're a boy. Everyone kept asking me what I wanted and to me honest, I didn't really care. Just wanted healthy. After lil' man's birth and how horrible it was, I just want healthy and as easy as possible without any danger to me and especially the baby. So, hubby and doc said they saw the "stuff" and if they say so, than we're good to go. To me, it was all just fuzzy stuff on the screen...lol.
Was also told that I need to really limit my carb intake for my health and the babies health. Seems that the baby is in the 97th percentile and right now we're hoping to keep them in the 9 lb range (reminder here, lil' man was 10 lbs, 8 oz, 22 inches long, vaginal birth, caught caught, almost died, etc). Plus, I've gained way too much already. Dr feels that lowering my carbs will help with weight gain and will help with the baby too. But, not sure really where to start because I try to eat lower carb as it is and the ones I eat are usually pretty healthy, I'm not a big white bread type of person and limit sugars. I have a feeling I'll be calling up the nutritionist that my regular ob/gyn told me about. Right now I'm in the phase of seeing all the different docs, which get frustrating b/c they all have different things to say...argh! I really wish he'd given me a little more structure than that though, I prefer the structure, which is why Weight Watchers worked so well for me. I need that kinda program for the pregnancy too...dang it all.
So, of course when being told to limit carbs we went right to McDonald's after and I went crazy. After I came home I ate even more carbs. Right now my stomach is bothering me a little and I'm in a carb coma of types as I'm getting really tired.
Not too much going on around here besides that. In the new year we'll start going through and moving stuff around in the house and setting up the baby's room. Well, I should get going and do some mommy related stuff, as that is my job around here...lol!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home