11.18.2007

Started off this morning with making pumpkin pancakes. I have to admit, it was the first that I've EVER made pancakes. Yes. Me. I've never made them before, I can rock out some french toast, but never did pancakes before. They were pretty decent, although next time I'll add more spice to it. It was a bisquick recipe and I used their heartsmart version and altered a bunch of other stuff to make it healthier.

Proceeded to have a big spending day after that. Now, those that know me well enough know that I like to shop and spend, but I'm also very thrifty at the same time. So, I put off big purchases since I'm terrified of having to put the money out. Although, many wouldn't realize that since it seems like I just go for it when we do make a purchase, but reality is I've thought about it a while before hand, just haven't announced that part.

Well, that all said to say we went to Target and picked up stuff for lil' man on the cheap. Clothing for kids was on sale and he needed it. Went over to Costco and did a small stock up. Hit Burger King for lunch and had a veggie burger and chicken salad...yum! Next was the big time shopping. We went into BestBuy just going to get some idea of prices and options, but we'd already done some research and have been thinking about these purchases for a while. So... We came home with new computer (bought CPU and monitor separately to get what we really wanted) and a new camera. I have to say, we do need the camera cause our old one is on the fritz and with the baby coming we need to have a reliable one. The computer, well, we could use it, but don't really need it. It will be nice though, especially once we get everything set up with the rooms being changed around. (Although, there might be come wiring issues that we need to work out...might be a big pain in the rear that wasn't planned for.) I'm just glad everything we picked up was on sale and none of it was stuff that we've seen on the Black Friday sites, so I feel a lot better about that.

So, I will be burning my Best Buy credit card as it's on fire anyway. I actually felt a little ill when we were ringing everything up, heart beating faster, light headed, stuff like that. Hubby wanted me to walk away, even had lil' man saying that to me too, but I stuck it out.

Besides all that, nothing really going on...lol! I'm petrified for my ob/gyn appointment next week because I have a feeling I'll get that whole...you're gaining too much weight discussion again. I mean, come on! Last appointment was two days after Halloween, this one is less than a week after Thanksgiving and the day after my In-Laws leave and the December appointment is days after Christmas. Don't we think that might add some extra weight on that will come off soon? I'm staying pretty good with food too, eating as healthy as I can for the baby but also giving in when I can and I think it's in moderation.

Thinking about the fact that as much as I want to have this baby come out and not be harmed like lil' man (I can't go through almost having a baby die again, just can't do it), I also think I'd rather do natural birth...with epidural of course! I'm not that crazy! I have to really talk this out with the dr, so glad this coming appointment includes the sonogram to start estimating size, it will be half way through the pregnancy and a good time to get working on some decisions. I'd just rather not have to deal with the recovery from surgery as well as childbirth. Plus, there is some planning along with that and you pretty much know down to the second when you're child will be born. Even with induction you don't know for sure, cause your body has to react to the meds. Man, I really gotta think about this and talk it out. Too bad that appointment isn't sooner than next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home