Today doesn't seem like it could get much more frustrating...well, it could, but work with me here...
Got up with Joe when he was getting ready for Cardiac Rehab, got on the computer, did some stuff quick to have Jackson come in and tell me that he didn't make it out of bed in time and that he'd wet the bed. Okay, no time for extra laundry as I have a ton of stuff to do for his party tomorrow (even a small party means lots of stuff, since there is still food to prepare, cupcakes to make and a house to clean). But, I'll work with the extra laundry and do it while making and eating breakfast. On the way downstairs with said laundry I remember I still have stuff in the laundry room/pantry from last night that I never finished. Okay, again, I'll work with this.
I open up the dishwasher to unload to see that the soap didn't dispense...AGAIN...and I have to check each and every item to see if it's washed. Yeah yeah, I should re-do the load, but come on...hot water did the trick on my stuff that had been rinsed off before going in anyway. Not a biggie, but irked me.
While making Jackson's breakfast of french toast sticks, blueberries and watermelon I proceed to spill a ton of blueberries on the floor. It was the Costco size container, luckily not all and it wasn't full, but on the floor it looked like a ton. Pippy ate them off the floor, I guess I should check online to see if dogs can eat that but it's been a while and she doesn't seem sick yet.
We have breakfast, Joe comes home while I'm doing some morning stuff, I've made his breakfast for him to help him on his way out the door, pack up his lunch (yeah I know, too wifey, but if it gets him out the door on time I'm willing to do it and it keeps him within his daily points too), my mom comes up from her part of the house and I come upstairs to workout.
All good at this point, dealing with the random stuff, trying not to get pissed that I have to do groceries today when I should only be doing cleaning but that's all the fault of those that work with my husband and the fact that when they aren't there for coverage it means he has to stay until close, even if he did get there at 10 and it means more than a 12 hour day with only 1 break for 1/2 hour. I even decide to run again today, even though it was my day off to just walk. Felt good, didn't do the 50 minutes I did yesterday but did a nice 30 and even did weights after. Got ready, had lunch and went to the grocery store. Bought all the stuff I needed minus...oh...the cake topper that they had at the store the other day and sold out of! I know, I should have just bought it, but didn't the other day since I was in a rush. Now I have nothing to put on top of the cupcakes at all. But I figure that I'll do the yellow cupcakes and turn the butter cream icing red and work with that until I figure something else out or go back to Party city in the next 24 hours before the party.
Come home, unload the van, make a snack and than start on the cupcakes. I decide to make them w/just 12 oz of ginger ale soda instead of the whole water, oil, egg thing they say. I've done this before, it's a Weight Watcher's friendly way to make it...lowers the points by like half or more. Okay, so that's in the oven and Jackson is insisting that he needs to by right next to me during this all. Take the icing out of the tubs and begin to put the red gel color in only to realize that there isn't as much in there as I thought and since last years Thomas cake it's dried up a little. Right now I have 2 icing containers worth of pink icing in my fridge.
Tonight I've added to what Joe has to do on his way home and he doesn't even realize it yet. He's got to go to Michael's and pick up more red gel color and to Party City to pick up the Cars candle for Jackson's cupcake and the balloons.
I still need to clean the whole first floor of this house, which means scrubbing because I've slacked off thinking that I'd have to do it for tomorrow and that always bites me in the rear end when it's all said and done. The funniest part is, I could easily just quick clean and everyone would be thrilled with that...but I'm way too technical about the cleaning and need for it to be as close to spotless as it can be...especially when you are inviting someone's kids over to play.
Okay, I just realized that this was basically a venting session for me. I know that I'm PMSing big time and that's not helping not only my food intake (which uh hello, up like almost 3 lbs today from yesterday) but also my ability to deal with the little things as they are happenings. Add to that the fact that I have no clue when my husband will be home to help me with all of this (although I should be used to it, every year I complain that I should be a party planner because I basically do it all myself from planning to cleaning to food prep, etc) and I just want to shut down completely. I now see why people do their kids parties out somewhere like a bowling alley or something, because it's far easier than this crap, but we don't have bank to roll like that in this house. Especially this year, as I'm doing it on the ubber cheap. I actually even feel bad about just doing cupcakes for him because his 1st birthday was a big deal, got Costco cake, etc...2nd birthday was a big ol' Blue's Clues cake that I had to cut up to shape and iced all nice...3rd birthday was the Thomas Cake that I had to cut to shape too and iced up and funky for him. This year is the measly cupcakes...man, okay, feeling like total crap now that I typed that out.
I need to stop thinking about this all and do some cleaning before I have to start work on dinner. This is going to be a VERY long night and I'll definitely need a nap around 3:10 tomorrow when the play date is over.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home