5.31.2007

Okay, so I'll admit this post is copied from another place I post at. Sorry, but I've been too tired to post and now that I have, I didn't want to have to do it twice...

We're still dealing with the fact that Joe had his heart attack less than a month ago. Wow, less than a month, go figure. He's been back to work for almost 2 weeks now and we go on a weekend trip for his sister's bridal shower, like nothing ever happened. He's still tired all the time and I wish I could just tell him to stay home, but I know financially I can't. He's doing pretty well though, a real trooper through it all.

Today he was told that his blood levels are really high and that he could bleed to death if cut. So, that's hard to hear when you're going to be taking a 8-10 hour car trip tomorrow morning and won't be around your own doctors until Monday night. So, we adjust medicines, again, and hope he doesn't get cut. At least his Aunt (we are staying at his Aunt and Uncle's house) was a nurse before a medical condition caused her to stop working.

I added to these problems we have by starting to have some lower left abdominal pain last week. Well, in my regular fashion I blew it off and hoped it would go away. Well, it didn't. I went to the Dr on Tuesday and she made me do a urine test and not leave until I knew the results, at which time she sent me for STAT blood work at the hospital to make sure I wasn't having an ectopic pregnancy, which it looked like. So, I go for that and go home to sit and wait for the news. Worried, since I have no answers and can only sit and wait. I had to go out and do some grocery shopping and later at night the Dr finally called me to tell me that it all came back negative.

That still didn't explain the pain, so she told me I'd be getting a call from the office in the morning about going for an internal ultrasound to see if they could figure this out. I really didn't want to be going away with these pains and no answer. So, I do get a call (after running around for van service, Jackson's speech therapy, CVS stop for meds before leaving, etc) and I have a STAT ultrasound planned for that afternoon. I ask my mom to watch Jackson for me, since I have the car and Joe can't even come home to help out since he's without the car...lol. I go for the ultrasound and they show ovarian cysts.

At first it looked like I had one and it ruptured and I just have to wait for it to heal. Well, after review it looks like I probably had one that did rupture and that explains some of the fluid they saw, but that there is still a big one in there and it could rupture at any time. Again, I'm not going to be in town so I was told if I have any pain that's more severe than I'm currently having and lasts more than a twinge that I'm to go to the ER immediately. Nice!

I just hope that sitting to drive isn't uncomfortable since I'll be doing the driving since I don't want to put pressure on Joe to drive. He gets too tired as it is, so I don't him to have the pressure of driving up there.

So, now we have to pack tonight and get ready for our trip. Lots has happened this past week, unrelated to our health, that was financially crazy and irks me. I really keep wondering when things are here are going to get back to normal. On the upside, maybe my ovarian cyst situation is the third thing that will happen to us (miscarriage for me, heart attack for Joe, cyst for me). I was worried that it meant something would happen to Jackson, but maybe I took the third one for the team and nothing will happen to him for a while.

Okay, I should go...I have way lots to do and not enough time in the day to do it. Oh well, who needs sleep, right? LOL!

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Kim! You guys have been having it so hard lately. How are things now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home