4.27.2007

The family did the MS 5K Walk on Sunday and we had a great time. Plus, now I know a route to take if I decide to start training for 5K runs! That idea is still bouncing around in my head, by the way. Anyway, the walk was great and it was a wonderful day for it. The weather definitely decided to be kind to us and even though it was warm, it wasn't too bad in the morning when we were there. One thing I did learn was that they supply a lot of food at a thing like that. Panera had bagels, a grocery store had fruits and danish and donuts and a water purifying company had bottled waters. That was just before the walk started! Mid way through the walk there was more water and fruit, along with some trail mix kinda stuff to munch on. After the walk, Outback supplied chicken sandwiches and burgers, Rita's gave Italian ices and there were still leftovers from before and during the walk. I have to say, all I had was some water. We brought lunch home and I have my burger to my mom (along with the chips that came with it). I figured it was kinda mine and she's got MS, so nothing to worry about there, right? Jackson seemed to have a great time and stayed in the wagon the whole time except for the end where he walked over the finish line. Pippy did great, she was much better behaved than I thought she would be, so that was awesome. All four of us (dog included) got out medal at the end. Joe and I got our t-shirts and I've even worn mine already. All said and done, I'd do it again in a heart beat and next year I'll start seeking out donations earlier to get more support for a cause so close to my family.

Went yesterday and was fitted for running shoes. I used them today when I walked but my left foot feels kinda off, a little sore. I plan to run in them tomorrow and if I'm still having problems I'll go back and talk to them about it. At that point I'd only have worn them twice and only on the treadmill, so they should be able to take them back, but we'll see. I'm hoping I won't have to though. We even picked up Jackson his sneakers and sandals for summer, not at the same store though.

Joe picked up his sleep apparatus yesterday during the day and last night was his first night using it. He seemed to do okay, but he was also on a sleep pill during the night so that he could get used to it. I've been informed that tonight he won't be taking the pill, so we'll see how it goes. I was worried that it would be too loud, but the reality is that it's a lot less noisy than his snoring ever was, so I'm okay with it.

I (well, technically my mother in law) won the auction for my dress for the wedding. She's already received it and I've been told they are having it dry cleaned before sending it to me. My only concern is that it's been altered and I'm hoping that it wasn't taken in too much because that size was on the tight side for me as it was, but the larger size would have needed a lot of alterations and the price would have gone through the roof. The size I got wouldn't need any alterations but I really can't gain weight.

Speaking of which, my weight keeps going up, down slightly and back up. It's driving me crazy and I hate it. I just want to be back to losing and not feeling like a beached whale all the time. I know I gotta get over this since it's totally about the fact that I have less than 10 lbs to lose and my body is rejecting that idea. But still, it's frustrating as all get out and I just want to have lost the weight and it be over with already.

Gosh, not much else going on here. Never anything too thrilling, so I guess that's good. Just same ol' same ol'. Joe's got off tomorrow so I think we might do some yard work if the weather holds up enough. That's about it for the planning for the day. Fun times in suburbia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home