7.05.2007

Okay, been kinda crazy busy lately. But not the kind of busy that has you on the go all the time, just that busy that doesn’t let you sit and think for too long.

Jackson will turn 4 on Monday and we (well, more accurately, ME) slacked big time this year on his party. So, because I don’t have time, energy or money to go and do a normal party we are just going to do a glorified play date for him. So, I’ve invited two of his friends to come over and hang out for 2 hours and enjoy some snacks and cupcakes while they are here. I’m going to put together some activities for them too. But, in reality, they are kids and will end up just playing and doing what little boys do. I’m just lucky that the parents were able to say yes to the invite since I only sent it out on Tuesday night for the Saturday afternoon get together.

My boss (that’s Jackson if you don’t know…lol) has said he wants a Cars themed party. Of course last year when I could have gone to the Dollar Store and found everything on the cheap he wanted a Thomas the Tank Engine party, this year I could have gotten a ton of Shrek stuff. But now, he wants Cars and so I was able to pick up a few things and even got some Mater Pez dispensers (sweet treat bag find) and some other random stuff. Tonight I need to assess what I have and figure out how I’m bulking it up. I’m really hoping that the local grocery store still has the Cars cupcake toppers, cause that’s the plan. No cake. The kids love having their own cakes anyway and he’s too young to get the whole cutting of the cake. So, I’m just avoiding it. Now, I just need to avoid the icing…that’s a big downfall for me. I swear, the only reason to eat cake or cupcakes if for the icing…lol.

Tried on the dress for the wedding again and ya know what? I can’t breath in it! Is that important? LOL! We told my mother-in-law about it and she said she saw another one online she could bid on that wasn’t altered (like I said from the very freakin’ beginning, I could wear a David’s Bridal size 14 dress, but only unaltered). Well, I recently found out through snooping that they got it (won the bidding) but for FAR more than I thought we’d be paying. We’ve still not talked with them about it, so that conversation should be interesting.

Now it’s the wait on getting that dress and on the tux they are supposed to send for Jackson. They bought it online and never thought that I might want to try it on him to make sure it actually fits him…duh! This wedding is a little over a month away and I feel a complete lack of control on my end and I know they have no clue on their end. Oh, check this one out…we don’t know if there will be parking for anyone at the church. Like NO parking at all. The church rents out the parking lot for some big car show they have up there and the minister never put the date into the main calendar, just his own, so he never noticed the overlap of day. Umm, yeah, kind of something that’s a problem. The church is an hour away from the reception and where we will be staying at his aunt and uncles, so this is going to be a big problem. I’ve definitely got a few choice words that for minister, but since he’s a man of God I’ll hold them back. It’s just fair to say that it’s a good thing that we don’t live up there, Joe was ticked when he found it out and would have let him know. Needless to say, my completely unorganized in-laws have no clue what they are going to do. Goes back to the whole concept that she wants a princess wedding, but they have a trailer park budget. Oh well. I’ll show up where I’m told, when I’m told, wearing what I’m told and smile for the people.

Oh, so, I know the nation just celebrated a holiday…but my question is this…what holiday? Joe had to work, so we again didn’t have a holiday in our house. I guess by now I should be used to it, but it still irks me each and every holiday (minus Thanksgiving and Christmas when the store is actually closed).

We took Jackson to see Ratatouille the other day. It was a cute movie and I was thrilled that he didn’t wig out and want to get up and walk around during it, as he’s done in the past when we’d go to movies. Everyone had fun though, so that was good.

My countdown is on for August 11th. Why you ask? (Okay, even if you don’t ask, I’ll tell ya…lol.) Joe and I are going out on a date to see Michael Buble perform down in Fairfax, VA at the Patriot Center. I’ve never been down there so that in itself should be fun. The concert doesn’t start until 8 pm, so I have to try to stay awake. I’m too old for that kinda start time…lol. Plus, it’s MB, so it’s gonna be fun and good music. And, I get to be out on a date with my husband, which we don’t really ever get to do. We’ve already asked a co-worker of Joe’s to watch Jackson for us and said she could just stay overnight if she wanted. She only lives a few minutes away but since we’ll be getting back well after midnight we figured it would be nice if she just wanted to go to sleep while here in our spare room. We’ll see how it goes. We’re hoping to have her come over soon to watch him before than too. Jackson loves seeing her at the store, so it should be good. I’m more worried about the animals driving her nuts than Jackson being a problem.

The weight loss efforts seemed to have hit a brick wall. This past week I lost .1 pound, that’s right a big old one tenth of a freakin’ pound. I’ve even upped my workouts to include three days a week of a longer time of jogging/running. I have to see if it helps out in the few weeks to come because I was hoping to get to goal and drop a few more pounds before the wedding. Fingers crossed.

Okay, I’ve babbled a lot longer than I planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home