5.05.2007

Joe had a heart attack. It seems it happened last night when we thought he was just having heartburn or indigestion. I forced him to go to Urgent Care today to be seen, after a long time there they had him go my ambulance to Frederick Memorial (I was at home at the time, since Joe told me to take Jackson home for lunch and to have him spend time w/my mom, so I met him at FMH). After a few hours there and meeting w/a bunch of drs they told us that Joe had to go to another hospital to have surgery to do the cath in his heart and figure stuff out from there. So, at around 5 pm he was medivaced out of FMH and brought down to Washington Adventist Hospital and he's been there ever since. It seems that his heart was worse than they thought but they were able to take care of it and he should have a pretty good recovery. No ability to be 100% again, but he'll be okay. There is also some cholesterol already building in some other arteries, but nothing they will handle right now b/c it's not that bad and should be able to be taken care of through meds once he's recovered from this part. He will be there for a few days at the least and than home for anywhere from 2-5 weeks (last I was told).

My mother-in-law is already on a bus down to help me. She should be here at around 9:20 am, since her bus left at 9 pm from the Detroit area.

Jackson was pretty good today but asked why daddy didn't come home w/me when I came home to get their dinners ready before going down to WAH. I know tomorrow he'll ask again, since I was able to just put him in this room w/o him waking up.

My eating was crazy today, but I tried to stay in line and hope that the stress of this all doesn't push me over the edge. Joe was actually worried about that when I left him tonight. He told me to be careful and not his that McDonald's drive-through on the way home for a Big Mac...that man sure does know me well...lol. I didn't. Came home and drank some water.

Almost passed out while talking w/the dr tonight though. Not sure what that was about, but I guess drinking far less water than norm, eating very differently and hearing some stressful news just was pushing me over the edge. The dr made me lay down in the Cardiac Unit lobby and was taking my pulse (guess I saw the heart doc today too...lol).

Okay, sorry for the ramblings of a worried wife. Please keep Joe in thoughts and prayers. I'll be heading out to see him tomorrow after I pick up MIL and will be there all day.

I really hope everyone else had a far better day than I did.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly,
I haven't checked in on your blog in forever, and I was so sorry to read about all the difficult times you have had. I would like you to know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I do hope you find comfort in the family and friends around you.
All the best,
Rachel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home