4.10.2007

So things in my life have been totally strange lately. Just when I think one thing is going to happen, smack dab in the middle it gets changed and everything is up in the air all over again. Which, might I add, totally is a pain in the rear!


For example, since the miscarriage my body has been well, off to say the least. I’ve been waiting and waiting for my period to start, going through some serious PMS and eating way more food than I should. Counting the pts and being as good as I can be, but still, eating like crazy. I did some damage, that’s for sure. I gained weight again, two weeks in a row and I can feel myself bloating up. Nice! Anyway, I had a few people tell me to take a home pregnancy test because it’s totally something that could happen to have the ability to get pregnant that soon after a m/c. Well, I did take a test and thankfully this morning I got my period. But, there were a few moments there when I was a little more than concerned about it all.

We went ahead and made plans for our makeshift vacation this year, since the real deal one that I wanted isn’t going to be able to happen for a least a year or so. I was okay with the plans we had, it will make due for this year and I know it will make Jackson happy to take the trip we planned. Well, I just looked at the dates and that trip can’t happen because we never looked up the dates that the parks we want to go to actually open for the season. Now we have to make the calls to the hotels to cancel and try to figure out just when we’ll be able to get to take these trips. I’m more than annoyed, almost sad, about the whole thing.

Part of the planning problem is that we’re in my sister-in-laws wedding as well. This isn’t a problem per say, but it does make things a little more difficult with the planning of events in our own life. Basically we need to be up in MI for early June for her shower and than up in the middle of August for her wedding. Add that into our scheduling and Joe’s need to be at work and you have a hard time making plans.

I’m feeling like I’m not meant to have a vacation that’s really for us, that’s really a vacation and not an obligation to see family. I love our families and enjoy seeing them, but come on…we all need to take an actual vacation away from every day life once in a while, right?

A while back I mentioned that I wanted to take a trip all alone, just get away, and I still really want to do that. Might even want to work in seeing some of my friends during that time as well. But, with the way my life is going now, not too sure that will ever get to happen. I have a bunch of friends that I’d love to be able to spend some time with and when it makes the most sense to see them, due to a “normal” persons schedule, it doesn’t so much work with what’s good in my family and the scheduling issues we have here. It kinda stinks, to be honest.

What it comes down to is that my brain has been going in overdrive lately and I don’t much care for it. I have things going on with my weight that aren’t kind to me. Relationship things that are working themselves out, but they still tend to be on the odd side of things. My body isn’t cooperating at all and it’s driving me nuts.

Remember those Calgon commercials of old? Where the woman says…Calgon take me away? (Or something close enough to that.) Well, I’m really feeling like that right now. Unfortunately I think I need a good deal more than a good bath to rejuvenate my system.

On the good side of things, I’m doing the Multiple Sclerosis walk in Frederick in a few weeks. I did however wait too long to sign up for the walk and there is no way that I’m going to be able to get the level of donations that I really wanted to get. But, I guess that’s okay, this year was a learning experience year and next year I’ll do better, start earlier and get more money for the cause that’s so near and dear to my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home