Happy Birthday Jackson!
I can't believe that you're 4 years old today. Seems like just yesterday that I was stubborn enough to go to and stay at work while having contractions. It's been a fast four years and I know that I've not always been the best mommy to you, but I do love you with all my being and can't believe how lucky your daddy and I are to have you in our lives. Each and every day I'm amazed by you and how much you can soak in the knowledge of the world.
On Saturday we had Jackson's party/play date and it went as well as could be expected considering that the one kid is a great and the other one tends to be a handful. I'm just glad that I have a whole year before I have to do that again. I think I've made it clear to Joe that if he wants something better than this past year, he has to help out and participate in the planning and doing of it all.
Gosh, not much else going on. This morning I did my weigh-in and I'm down .7 lbs for the week. I have to say I'm completely surprised because not only is it TOM but I've had cupcakes and icing. We even went out to eat on Saturday night to Longhorn, mostly because we had a coupon (to be completely honest there) but also because I know I can eat something there and not feel horrible for it. But, I couldn't resist the bread, I'm such a sucker for the bread!
We had fun the afternoon after his party, taking Jackson out for some birthday shopping and fun time with mom and dad. He's a sucker for Starbuck's, so when we went we let him get a lemonade when we got our iced coffees. I swear, I fear we have passed along the gene to him that makes him want Starbuck's way more than he should...lol.
The wedding is ever nearing and I still don't have the new dress. Waiting on that. Still don't have Jackson's tux, that should come this week. Found out about the parking, seems they will reserve 50 spots for the wedding guests. And, as of Saturday night they had not finalized the plans on the desserts at all. Seeing as it is only a dessert reception that is sort of a big deal. Oh well, not my thing. I'm still working out what we'll be eating in the car on the way from the ceremony to the reception because of the time frame we're working with.
This month's bunco will be interesting. The game is being played early for some reason and as of this morning we only have 5 yes answers and we're playing on Wednesday night. So, we can't play much of a game seeing as we need a full 12 to play but can make due with 10 or 11 if needed. I have August so hopefully we'll get a better turnout for that. I'm just waiting for the e-mail saying that it's been canceled for the month. Which would just serve me right since I actually won again last month after months of nothing. Although, it's never about winning any of the pots, it's about getting together with the bunco babes, but it is nice to win sometimes, right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home