4.15.2006

Haven't posted in a while, been busy.

Two weeks ago at weigh in I gained .3 lbs. It was my time of the month, so I didn't think too much of it, but of course I was a little irritated. Well, that's the day we left for NJ to do packing and such to move my mom. During that week I ate as best I could and tracked my food. Went so far as to come home and put the written tracking into the computer too, did weigh in this past Monday and I lost 4.2 lbs, which was a shock to me. Ever since Monday, every time I get on the scale, it's up by at least 2 lbs! So irritating. Again, it shows our bodies ability to drive me crazy. I didn't work out at all while at my mom's, besides packing and moving stuff, so I didn't understand the huge loss. Now I don't get the gain. I'm preparing for a gain on Monday, I'm just hoping it's not more than I lost last week because I don't want to be that far behind in obtaining my current mini goal.

The move of my mom went as well as can be expected. There were a few snags here and there, but it went well. She's been here a week now (literally as I type it's been almost exactly a week since we pulled into the driveway) and we haven't really done much to get her unpacked downstairs. I feel a little like she needs to ask if she needs helps, I still have Jackson to take care of and normal house stuff to do, so I need to know she wants the help before I arrange everything to help her out. That might sound a little mean, but I don't want to push myself on her either. I've been doing the cooking and such like normal and it's been working out. We just need to decide how we're going to handle the financial part of this arrangement, I haven't pushed that since the sale of her house isn't official yet so no money has changed hands, but soon we have to sit down and talk about it. I want Joe in on that conversation because I would love for him to step up and mention something to her about it. There is a little of me having to do it all in terms of talking with her and that's a little annoying, to say the least.

Not much else going on around here. I've been wearing shorts the past few days, it's been so nice out you really want to. The kicker is this is the first year since I was a kid that I actively wanted to wear shorts, that I felt comfortable enough in them to want to wear them. It took me a while to find a pair and of course it's not a store we have close, they are from Cabela's so if I want more I have to order them from the website, but I have them and I like them!

We're still preparing for our Wedding Tour 2006 this summer. Three weekends, three weddings, all at least 7 hours away, fun times I tell ya. These people are trying to kill me, I swear they are!

Tomorrow is Easter and I'm not going to church like I did as a kid. I'm lucky to have Joe be home since his store isn't open on the holiday, but some of them are. We'll just be taking it easy and being somewhat low key for the day. I miss some of the family tradition stuff we did as a kid, but Joe's family didn't have all of that so it's hard to get him into it. I will be putting Jackson's basket together tonight. I didn't actually purchase much for it. My mom got some books for him, Joe's mom picked up some stuff when she was here, and we picked up a few things. So, it's will be interesting to see how it comes together in the end.

Well, he's almost done watching the Wiggles and will definitely notice I'm not sitting right next to him again, so I should get going. Have a great weekend all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home