2.17.2006

The cardiologist called this morning and it seems that my blood work came back normal. So, they still don't know why the EKG was irregular if everything else is coming back okay. That means in a little while I have to leave for a nuclear test for my heart. I don't know much about what goes on with this test, but it takes three hours and I'll be there by myself since Joe really had to go to work today. I'll be injected with some substance, of a nuclear nature I'm guessing hence it's name, and be doing whatever else they tell me to do. I'm not sure if this is that test that includes the treadmill or not, but I'm wearing my workout sneakers just in case.

I'm not allowed to eat or drink before this test, just some sips of water. Of course while I was upstairs starting to get ready I was planning out my breakfast, Kashi cinnamon and honey oatmeal with dried apples and cranberries, boca breakfast links and an orange. Water was obviously involved with that meal plan, but it wasn't the only thing and it wasn't going to just be in sips. I'm planning on bringing a protein bar with me to the test so that the moment I can leave, I'll get in the car and eat that bar. I'm so hungry now I can't imagine what I'll be like in four hours. Now I'm kinda glad I ate as much as I did last night. I wasn't sure what it would do to me to have some pizza, berries and stuff, but at least it filled my stomach last night. That must be helping me out now.

Again I'm having to sit and wait. I'm hoping I'll leave the testing with some answers, but not really sure what's going to happen. The stress of this whole thing is making my left eye twitch, yet another thing to add to the list! Plus, my neck still is really sore. When will it end?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home