2.13.2006

This weekend has been a crazy one, that's for sure.

Joe had off on Saturday so we headed out in the morning and went to the Cabin Fever Festival at the Frederick Fairgrounds. I was hoping to see the one jewelry guy that was at the Christmas Show (since he's from MD) but he wasn't there. Dang it, I was hoping for a red amber pendant, guess I just have to wait until Thanksgiving weekend when that Christmas Show is in town and their website says they'll be there. It was nice to get out and walk around though. The snow held off until the afternoon, so it wasn't bad to be out.

We went to Chick-fil-A after the festival and had a nice Weight Watchers friendly lunch. We had the Dining Out Companion book in the van, which helped making the choices prior to getting inside. Headed over to Sports Authority after, I'm in need of running and cross training sneakers, but they never have ones big enough for my 11W feet. Guess I'll need to head out to White Marsh to the New Balance store to get them, was hoping to avoid that trip (but I can always pick up stuff for my mom at Ikea while out there). Came home after, put Jackson down for his nap and Joe headed out to get the new tires on the Tahoe. He needed tired badly, we finally had the funds to take care of it (SUV tires are expensive, keep that in mind when purchasing a car). Had a decent night at home, threw together a passable meal and went to bed waiting for the snow to start really falling. The flurries were nice, but I wanted something of substance!

At around midnight Jackson woke up crying, Joe went in to check on him and called for me right away. Jackson has gotten sick all over the bed. As Joe helped Jackson into the bathroom to clean him up, I got to work on his room and changing the sheets. He kept getting sick though and after about 2 hours or trying to stay in his room, with a "sick bowl" we opted to bring him in our room. I don't think any of us got much sleep. Every time Jackson moved I would wake up, checking to see if he was okay and I'm pretty sure Joe was worried he's roll over onto him. Jackson was a little trooper though, when he needed it he was ask for the bowl and do his thing.

Joe got up in the morning, cleaned out the driveway and headed to the store to pick up some stuff we needed for Jackson. Amazingly enough we had everything we needed for the snow, but didn't have all the supplies for a sick child. After he got back he headed off to work and was there all day. Jackson and I had a lazy sick day on the sofa. He cuddled with me for most of the day, which meant nothing really got done, but he was happy. Mostly because the TV was on, I'm sure of that! He did nap down here, I was worried about the nap situation but he did well. Although, he didn't really eat yesterday which worried me. But, in a way that was good because he still got sick a few times during the day.

Today is a new day though. Jackson slept in his room and slept through the night. He's eaten some food already and has even had a decent amount of liquid already. Nothing so far, but I know we're not completely out of the woods yet. He's not a fan of the medicine, so that's always a fight. He thinks he's going to get TV already though, not happening this early in the day buddy, but good try.

Joe is working late and long days today and tomorrow. They will be doing inventory at his store on Tuesday night, so things need to be in order before that. Of course with the snow it meant not all the staff showed up yesterday or today, so it makes it harder for him to get stuff done with less staff. I know he's stressed, I already talked to him today and he's not a happy camper.

Today was my weigh in this morning and to my shock, I lost 1.3 lbs, for a 127.4 lb total. All this week I was up from last weigh in, I was getting so frustrated since I was working out. I still think it has to do with the fact that I didn't do any treadmill this past week, focused on The Firm and some new yoga and pilates stuff I wanted to try. I think my saving grace was the fact that the last two days I didn't feel great and definitely didn't eat as much as I should have. We'll have to see how this week goes.

I'm realizing that I'll probably have to go back down to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods again soon, maybe when my mother-in-law is here. We can make it a trip to do together so everyone can get out of the house. We'll go down to the locations in Gaithersburg, both are very close to one another, which makes it an easy trip.

Okay, Jackson just came over to me and insisted that he sit on my lap while I'm on the computer. He keeps looking at my cookbooks and saying Elmo for Emeril. I don't know where he got that from. He loves pulling out the Emeril's TV Dinners book and saying Elmo the whole time. I don't know if he's trying to say Emeril or what, but it's very cute. If you say to him, no Emeril not Elmo, he goes "oh no, elmo" and laughing. Kids! So cute.

Okay, another boring dinner here tonight. With Jackson getting better, me still feeling out of it and being lazy and Joe not being home, we're having english muffin pizzas. I know Jackson will eat it, I don't have to do much and it takes very little time.

Dang this dog, she's barking right next to me and won't stop. At least I know the recycle is being picked up, I think that's what she's barking out. She needs to be quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home