The past few days have been filled with excitement, finally the good kind too!
Friday Jackson has his speech therapy, which isn't too exciting, but always something to plan for and prepare for. It went well and was a nice distraction for the kids music that Jackson wants to listen to at all times.
Saturday was so cool. My friend Salimah came over to visit and brought her friend Sarah with her. Salimah and I haven't seen each other for about 3 years, which means last we saw I was pregnant with Jackson and we were working at our previous employer. I've said numerous times that while the project we were stuck doing was crap, it was great to meet her and form a friendship that I would have otherwise not had. She worked on the third floor and I the second, different departments and all, we might have passed in the hallway to the cafeteria but we would have never had reason to speak. That dumb project got us together, so thankful for that.
So, Salimah and Sarah came over in the afternoon for some hangout time. It was great. I'd never met Sarah before, but Salimah always said we'd get along and she was right. Both ladies are fabulous! Jackson just loved having them here, bringing them around to play and working his magic on the ladies (I'm in for trouble with this kid I can see it already). My dog loves having people over and doesn't seem to get that not everyone might want to play with her, she settled down a little after a while, but still was probably annoying. The cats didn't show themselves much, which is probably a good thing. Too many pets are just too many, I've learned that in time.
The visit was awesome and I'm so glad they were nice to enough to come out. We'd been trying to figure out a way to get my crew out her way, but scheduling never worked out. Although, now I'm all for going to the Aquarium on a Friday night which would let us all catch up again that evening. I did feel bad though, I was so out of it that I didn't plan on a meal, which would have been nice since they drove out here. We did have some dessert/snack stuff, but a meal in the end would have been good. That's my plan, if we do the visit again (which I'd love, love them) I'll actually get myself together enough for a meal.
Needless to say, I really enjoyed myself and I know Jackson has a blast with them as well.
Sunday Joe was home from work and we did some running around. I will say, I even took a brief nap in the afternoon. I felt kinda bad about that though, I should have worked out but didn't. Oh well, I did four days last week. We went out to dinner with friends and while I wasn't too thrilled with where we were going since they don't have a ton of stuff that's Weight Watchers friendly, I was able to find something and enjoyed myself. When we came home Joe called a friend of his from Michigan, one I actually like, and they talked for a while. Lenny actually wanted to talk to me, to congratulate me on the weight loss, which was really sweet. Lenny and Deb are expecting their first child in May, I'm so excited for them. They will be great parents! Joe than called his parents, talked for a while but they were about to have dinner, much later than normal for them.
During these phone calls I decided on most of this coming weeks dinners. I've decided that even if Joe isn't going to be home for dinner that night that I will plan out the meal as if he is, make him a plate if he'll be home later or just pack up his lunch for the next day w/his portion. So, this is the plan as of now for dinners:
Monday - chicken breast cooked w/some oil and will be dipped in a buffalo sauce and ranch mix, mashed potatoes cooked from a packet using only water and spinach nuggets that I got at Costco but we haven't tried yet. Every night I'll pretty much have a salad too, but that's a given by now.
Tuesday - cheese and spinach and cheese ravioli, sweet italian chicken sausage, and green beans.
Wednesday - garlic portabello meatballs from Costco that we still haven't tried, roasted acorn squash and broccoli with some undecided sauce or seasoning.
Thursday - pizza and sauteed spinach, it is Survivor pizza night in our house afterall, just hoping Survivor is really on this week I'll have to check the schedule.
Friday - still a little undecided, might do some salmon or see what leftovers we have. Plus, I might do a shopping trip up to SuperWalmart or Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, so that could alter that nights meal.
Saturday - the WW get together is at the house that day, it's in the afternoon more for lunch, but I'll pass dinner on how that goes and what our hunger level is after that.
Sunday - still not sure, again, leftovers might factor in here. Or, worse case scenario we make english muffin pizzas since I know Jackson loves those.
This morning I had my weigh in and I dropped 1.5 lbs this week. So, my total is now 135.3 lbs since January of last year. I'm constantly amazed by the number since that's not where the scale was at yesterday, but hey that's what it said today and I'm not fighting it. I do get on the scale about four times prior to believing it though, I'm nuts like that.
Well, nothing else happening of excitement today. This week we have a bunch of planning to do for my mom's move, so that will take up time when Joe's home. I'll be making a big batch of meatballs for the WW gathering, figured whatever is leftover can always be frozen. That worked out great one night last week, just microwaved them for a while at the same time as cooking the pasta and veggies.
Gosh, this post was a lot about food!

2 Comments:
Hi! I came over from the WW message boards. I'm totally in awe of your loss. You're doing so well! Keep up the great work!
Thank you so much for your kind words. WW has been working great for me and I just hope that others have similar success. Best of luck to you!
Post a Comment
<< Home