1.01.2006

Happy New Year!

In my last post I mentioned that I thought I was getting sick...well, I was. I've been sick for the past few days and now Joe is sick as well. I've had the constant cough, somewhat nasal stuffed, just feel icky all over thing. Nothing that makes you completely stuck in bed, but enough to let you function on the 50% level. Which I hate, I'd rather be stuck in bed than not able to get everything done. So, this week doing laundry took forever and the house hasn't gotten cleaned.

Joe decided to invite friends over for New Year's Eve, which I thought was interesting since he never asked me if it was okay. Especially since he knew I didn't feel well and that I would have to clean the house for them to come over. Plus, their child tends to be the one to take all the toys out and I have to put everything away at the end of the day. My child doesn't do that on his own, ever!

Luckily though, Joe came home not feeling well on Friday night and we both still felt horrible on Saturday morning. So, we called them and cancelled. I guess the plan is to have them over next Saturday, but I have to make it clear to Joe that he will be cleaning up all the toys at the end of the night. Either way, I guess we'll be ordering in Chinese. I think everyone thinks it's easier to order in, whereas I'd rather cook the meal. I must be some sort of weirdo.

The Christmas decorations are still up, I would normally take them down today, but I just don't feel up to it. I'll get it done this week though, as Joe will be taking down the outside decorations on his next day off as long as the weather holds up for him. I have to go through the decorations though, I have a strong feeling of needing to purge some of them. I've had too many things "given" to me for gifts that I just wouldn't have bought myself. I'd rather give the stuff to Goodwill to sell than keep it myself. I'm over trying to make people feel better by keeping stuff they passed onto me that I don't want.

Thinking of purging, this year is the big purge of the holiday card list. I'm all for this. I have yet to tell Joe that I think many people could get an e-card next year. Even if we do a picture, we could still send an e-card to them with the picture that we'd use in the snail mail card. I just can't see us always putting as much money as we do into the cards, it's crazy. I've yet to the tally of how many we sent out and how many we got back, but that will be soon. I'm actually still getting cards back that are marked "return to sender" all but one are because the people moved and we didn't know the new addresses. I'm actually fixin' to take those people off the list too, I mean come on, if you didn't tell me you moved do you really expect a card? I think it says a lot about what they think of the relationship, no matter what level it is.

I know many people have made new year's resolutions in the past few days. I however will not be doing that. I find that it's a waste of time, how many really keep them? Kudos to those that do, but the percentages aren't really in favor of finishing the year with the resolutions in tack. So, I think this year is my year to "set the intention." Meaning, I'll hope and plan to do some things, working towards them, but won't pressure myself or feel poorly about myself if it doesn't happen. I think I watch too much self-help TV...lol...but for me this is a better idea. Although, right now I don't know exactly what I plan to "set" but I know there are some things I'd like to work on.

Oh, I think I'm over my idea of becoming a nurse. Just doesn't seem like something I want to do anymore and I think if it was meant to be I'd still have an urge to work on it. I do however want to maybe take some food related courses at the community college. We received the continuing education book in the mail yesterday and I was interested in some of the things in the catalog. Not sure if I'll actually go through with it, but the idea seemed cool.

I hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year. Enjoy all it has to offer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home