Found out today that our friend's father passes away yesterday. He's been sick for a long time and has been treated for different forms of cancer and such. But, even though he was in the hospice, it doesn't really make it any easier does it?
While at the store picking up a card for them I was crying reading the sympathy cards. I think all the memories of my dad started to come back. It doesn't help that with my birthday last week I have been thinking a lot about my dad as well. Silly things like how I know he would have wanted to be around to take me out for my 30th, be in town, celebrate, stuff like that. How Jackson will miss out on having him around as a Grandpa. Just missing my dad in general.
I also start to think that I'm a bad person when someone's father dies. I think to myself, heck, they got to have them around longer than I did! Like in this case, she got to have him around for her different graduations, wedding, birth of child, stuff like that. I didn't even get middle school concerts, yet alone graduations. I'm selfish, I know, but when they hurt of the loss comes through sometimes the anger does as well. I need to remind myself that I had my dad around, even if it was just for 12 years. Many people don't even get that much.
On to happier things. I had my weigh in this morning and I'm down 1.8 lbs, totaling 120.3 lbs. I can't complain about that can I?
Guess I should get going. Jackson and Joe just came down after bath time. It's kisses for him and than up to bed. Jackson that is, not Joe...lol.

3 Comments:
Kim, I was wondering about the weigh in. Congratulations! And about grief, well it's very personal and complicated. It's hard to process your loss even after a long time. The anger makes sense to me b/c you have it in perspective. I am so happy for you, though, and the way you're taking control of your life! I am sure your father would have been so proud of your accomplishments. Even though he's not here, he's left a tremendous legacy.
Hi Kim,
I agree with Kate. We all deal with death in our own way. It doesn't make you a bad person at all. We're only human after all. And I do believe that those we love who've passed are always with us, sharing in all those great moments in life.
On a lighter note, 120lbs!!-Oh my GOODNESS! You are amazing. You have really inspired me to get off the couch today, and for that I thank you!!
Rachel
Thank you ladies. The support I get from those reading this blog has been great. I really appreciate getting the comments and thoughts.f
Post a Comment
<< Home