All of the past week I had been looking to see what the scale was saying, as something just didn't feel right. Well, I know why. I had my weigh in this morning and I was up .5 lb. I'm a little irked to be honest, I know there are numerous reasons for this and that I should be okay with the fact that I've been doing WW for over 8 months and this is the first time I've had a gain at all (so far only losing and maintaining was the norm). I'm pretty sure that this gain is do to muscle mass gain, I was doing a decent amount of free weight this week. I think it's frustrating because I had been eating pretty well and tracking all the things that I ate to ensure that I wasn't cheating by mistake. I'm still a little pissed and not sure what to think about it all. I need to get over what the scale says and move on from there, know that I'm still doing what's best for me and my health, but that's hard when so much of what this journey is all about is what that number on the scale says.
Monday tends to be my day off from exercise, I do laundry and other stuff so it can be difficult to fit in the workout as well. I couldn't have been more happy about that today. I just needed a day off from moving like that after the gain. Something to help clear my mind so that I can move on. I also think that this week I'm just going to concentrate on the treadmill again, with a few times of free weights for chance. No Firm this week, just not feeling it and I need a break. I'll do crunches as always, because they don't make me sore or anything like that. I have to get over this fast so that it doesn't effect my long term goal of better health and weight loss in the process.
Jackson has been doing great with his bed. Naps are even getting better, which is great. He has been getting up a little earlier than his norm, but the past few days he's gone down later as well. You would think that going down later would mean getting up later (I know it does for me) but for kids sometimes the reverse can happen and they get up way early instead. Looks like that's the case and hopefully it will go back to normal again.
After my break-down about my mom and getting stuff for her it seems that we'll be going up to see her soon. Still not sure just when, but sometime in the next two months. I was trying to work out seeing her when my sister and nieces could come down, but that might not happen because Joe can't get off before the kids have to be back to school. Either way, at one point we'll be up there and making her decide for herself what her furniture will look like. I just can't/don't want to make those decision for her.
As always, it's boring here and not much going on. Hope everyone else is having exciting things going on in their life!

1 Comments:
Kim, I know the slight gain registering on the scale is not happy news, but I'm just it's just a wild, weird fluctuation that will self-correct soon. I'm so glad Jackson is adjusting to the big boy bed!
Post a Comment
<< Home