7.03.2005

My life is generally, well, boring. At times I'd like a little excitement. BUT, not this kind!

I was in the process of doing laundry and had placed Jackson's cleaned clothes, in the basket, on the table in the foyer at the bottom of the stairs. I figured that when he woke up from his nap I would take them up to put away before we both came back down. So, this was the plan and all was going well. At one point on my way to the bathroom I noticed the clothes weren't on their piles anymore, this isn't odd because usually Vinni gets in there to lay down for a while before moving to another location. I just piled the stuff up again and went about the rest of my activities.

Jackson woke up so I grabbed the basket and went upstairs. He was happy to see me and I started to put away the clothes so we could come back down, until I noticed a smell. I was a little irritated but thought maybe it was because I had emptied out the diaper genie earlier, but than I realized that the smell wasn't from a diaper (even one that has fermented) but from cat pee. But where was it coming from, the cats don't really go in there because the door is always closed and when they do get in there I get them out pretty soon. So, I realize that the smell was on the clothes I was, and already had, put away. I grabbed out what I could and started smelling, only to establish that it all needed to come back downstairs for a good sniff. I brought it all back down to find out that half of the shirts I had washed (almost 2 weeks worth of clothes as he has so many things I don't need to wash all the time) needed to get thrown out. Yes, I know, why not wash them? Have you ever tried to wash cat pee out of clothes when the cat is older and has VERY SMELLY urine? Nothing works and you throw it out anyway. So, a bunch of socks are gone, even ones that weren't washed because when I put the socks away they touched once in the dresser and were horribly fragranted already. The shorts all seem okay, but they are all getting rewashed in the next load. Right now I'm running the shirts that I'm hoping to save from the trash, giving it the old college try before it's all over. I have a feeling they will all go as well, but they weren't soaking in pee, just had a spray of it or little drop, so I guess there is a chance. The thing that urks me the most about this is that I liked some of the shirts. Of the already thrown out pile there was his Detroit Zoo shirt that he's only worn once. There were actually a few shirts he'd only worn once since I was trying to work through his clothes to make sure we knew things fits and were worn. I'm so irritated right now. I still don't know if it was Vinni or Vegas, but I'm pretty sure it was Vegas because she's the one that's done this in the past. Oh yeah, have to trash the laundry basket too, tried to clean it out already, but the smell is in the plastic, guess we have another recycle bin.

I called Joe will I was going through the clothes to tell him about it and to be honest, to vent a little. During the conversation, which didn't last long, he said to me "I gotta call you back, gotta pee." I said okay and bye and hung up. That was over an hour ago and he hasn't called back. I guess he doesn't understand that I'm irritated and could have used to talk to him longer. So pissed at him right now.

Now I'm doing laundry, that's already been done today, to see if I can salvage any of it for our son to wear. I have to watch the cats like a hawk because if they come close to the baskets I'm set to go off. The dog is wanting me time, not realizing I got other things to do. And Jackson, who is very sensitive, starting to cry when I was mad about the cat pee on his clothes and was yelling about the cats. Poor little guy, takes it all to heart, even though I was in another room. Now he's on the floor playing.

This whole situation has made me want to eat...like eat everything in the house! Just figures that tonight is the night before weigh in and my dinner plan isn't stellar to start with, which means I'll be even more likely to hate it at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home