Jackson is now a big boy. He's been sleeping in his big boy bed for three nights now and doing pretty well. The only time we have any type of a problem is when he goes down for a nap, which might have something to do with the amount of daylight that is coming into his room. Either way, he's doing rather well and I'm still in amazement that he's old enough to be in a twin bed (even if it is with rails).
I think tomorrow I'm doing another cleaning out of my closet. I feel the need to go through everything again, even the winter stuff. Last time I went through those clothes I was significantly larger. I figure I need to get those clothes out of the closet so that I don't have the ability to slack back into wearing them. All about going down in size, not up to where I was before. Plus, this way I know what I really have. I keep thinking I have more at my access than I do, I mean I could wear some of the stuff, but it would be falling off. So, I tend to wear the same few pieces that I have that fit correctly, or as close to correctly, as they should. I did go to Fashion Bug the other day and pick up two t-shirts and a skirt from their Plus Size store. I always forget that there in one in town, so we went and there was a big sale. Joe was extremely patient with me while I looked around and he took Jackson walking around the mall. I can't wait until my local Lane Bryant opens back up, which makes me think that I should check to see when they are re-opening. The are moving locations in the mall and the work is taking forever...don't they know I need some khakis or jeans that aren't falling down? LOL!
Joe and I have been at each other a lot lately. Not sure what it's about, but I hope we get over it soon. This tends to happen when we both keep things bottled in and don't talk to one another. But, from my perspective it's hard to talk when he's either at work (which I can understand) or on the computer. We're working on it, slowly.
The other day we went looking at kitchen table and chairs. After which I had a breakdown in the van and yelled at Joe. Not really at him, but because he was the only one there with Jackson he was in the way. I can to the decision that we can't look at the table and chairs now because my mom has to help decide what chairs we get. She has to sit in them and see if they are comfortable for her. I have to like them and she has to be comfortable in them. Argh! It all goes back to the fact that my mother wants me to pick everything out for her, but the reality is that she needs to see it and sit in it before it gets picked out. I can't do this all by myself and I'm sick of being put in the position of having to do it. I want to tell all my family to wake up and realize that I can't do it all by myself and they need to say to her that she's got to get down here and pick stuff out or let us come up there and take her shopping so that we can either order from a place her or have it delivered somehow from a place in NJ. It's starting to be overwhelming and I'm not able to deal with the pressure in the way that I should. I have to call her and see what she'll say about all of this, but I keep backing out of calling her.
On another front, the highlight of my day today was watching All Star Kitchen Makeover on Food Network. I was excited to see that the first celebrity chef was Alton Brown, I like his show and find him interesting. But, I was even more excited to see that the host of the show is Peter Marr, who I find to be very yummy! He could be a contractor in my house anyday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home