7.18.2005

Last night seemed to never end. Joe's flight was supposed to leave out of Detroit at 7 pm, getting in to Dulles at 8:30 and I figured home around 10 or 11, depending on how long the shuttle from the airport to parking took. Well, he didn't leave Detroit to almost 10 pm because of weather problems. He didn't get home until after 1 am and we both are dragging today because of it. I'm a worry wart and couldn't sleep until I knew he was home safe, car still in the parking lot, drive back okay, etc. He had called work from Detroit saying that he wouldn't be in at 7 am, because we just knew there was no way he was getting up at 5 am to make it there on time, not with those delays.

This morning I did my weekly weigh in and was surprised. I kept thinking that I'd gain this week because I ate all that cake last week (prior to deciding that I had no self control and threw out the leftovers and left over icing). Well, I guess all my worry was for nothing and I just needed to get back on plan. I ended up losing 3.3 lbs, for a total of 79.6 lbs. I know that things will slow down again at some point. But I did take a week off of exercise again last week, hopefully that will ward off any slow down for now.

I actually went through some of my clothes while I was upstairs about an hour ago. Jackson was taking his nap, I worked out, showered and was deciding on what to wear. Well, I thought, heck, I shaved I can wear a skirt (yes, it's hot and others would wear shorts, but I don't have any that aren't for working out). So, I start going through skirts that I was keeping for when I lost some weight...well...more than half of them fall off my body and are now in the goodwill pile. I guess we'll be going there soon to make a drop off. I even put some shirts on the pile that I tried on and are just way too big to wear now. I'm all for keeping things if they are a little big, but skirts falling off when I walk just need to go. I'm not planning on replacing any of these clothes that are going, don't need to, it just plan feels good to not need them anymore.

Another non-scale-victory for me today is that I'm wearing a necklace that my mom gave me. Okay, no big victory there, except for the fact that it was too short when I first got it from here back at Christmas and not fits nice with some room. It fit before, but looked too much like a choker, now it lays nicely.

Okay, stomach is hurting a little. Guess it's that time of the month for me. On that lovely note I should get going. Jackson is coloring away next to me and being such a good boy. He's now into tracing is hands, so I keep getting asked to do it for him. It's cute watching him try to do it though, his hand is out but the crayon doesn't really go anywhere near it. Too cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home