7.05.2005

For some reason I feel like typing. Might be because I'm somewhat bored and don't want to eat. Which thinking about food...the past two days I've eaten within my points allowance, even leaving a few points left at the end of the day, but I feel bloated and way full. I'm not sure what this is about and it's irritating me. I still refuse to eat if I'm not hungry, but I'll eat if I am without going over points. Oh well, maybe I'm just getting used to eating less food, which is great and a whole point to this process.

Had a playdate today and it went well. I always feel bad though, like I should do more to control my child. There just isn't much I can do to get Jackson to stop when he's still young enough to not really get it. I mean, I know he knows what I'm saying, but he just doesn't get that stop means now and no me just stop what you're doing and listen to mommy or daddy. This is definitely something that we need to work on, immediately.

I also want to start working on potty training. I don't want to push him and make it worse, but I do want to start. He'll be 2 on Saturday and we have so much to get moving on. As of now he hasn't wanted to climb out of his crib, but I know that's just a matter of time and we need to get the rails for the bed. He already has a twin bed in his room and there is another one in the basement for his room when it's needed for friends and such. But, right now it's just coming to terms with the fact that he'll be out of the crib and into a bed, like a big boy.

I don't know if Joe has any idea of what's in store for him tomorrow. We have a lot of work to do for the party and I don't want to be rushing around at the last minute trying to get it done. I even consider the fact that the garage needs to be cleaned as a part of the party, because that should have been taken care of a while ago...like months! This year the party includes my making the cake, a blue's clues cake, which I'm more than happy to do, especially since it will save us a lot of money (I got the box mix and icing on sale about two weeks ago). Plus, this year I'll be cutting up all the veggies and fruit myself to not have the expense of platters. I'll need to do all of that on Friday (when Joe is home as well) so that means most of the work needs to be done tomorrow with the light cleaning being done Friday or Saturday morning.

Saturday morning brings me to the fact that my in-laws will all be here, driving me crazy. I need to have basically everything done prior to their arrival on Friday evening because they will end up making a big mess that I'll have to clean up as well. They just don't seem to understand that they can't come into my house and make a huge mess. It's not like that here. I try to keep things and clean and tidy as possible. I know my house isn't completely mess free, but I don't allow for there to be piles of stuff on the table at the bottom of the stairs (which by the way is right when you walk in the door) unless I know that I'm going upstairs in the next hour. If I don't know when I'm going up next, well, that means I'm going up that minute to put stuff away. This will be an interesting few days, I know that for sure.

I'm also in the process of debating if I should color my hair or not. I have A LOT of gray. I guess my mom got a lot early and I'm following in her footsteps. I even have two patches of grey in the front with a lot of it all over as well. Not sure if I want to go through the process of coloring it though, because that means keeping it up over time and dealing with that. The one thing I do know is that I will almost 100% certainly be doing the color myself, we just can't afford my going somewhere to get it colored...heck, I spend 20 bucks on a cut and tip I'm not a person to spend a lot on color!

Well, the rain is coming down like crazy and the lightening was pretty cool but kinda scary. The cats when running all over, but the dog isn't phased at all. I'm just glad that Jackson hasn't woken up because I could see him getting scared and crying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home