7.11.2005

It has been an event filled past few days. I'm somewhat glad that it's calmed down though.

Today was my weigh in and I stayed the same from last week. I'm perfectly okay with this result because I have eaten a bunch of birthday cake and enjoyed every last piece that's gone into my mouth! I'm not ashamed of it either.

Saturday was Jackson's 2nd birthday and the party went very well. I'm glad that it was small and with only 4 kids as guests it made it nice for them to play and hang out. I didn't have organized things planned for the kids because at this age you can't get them to do what you want anyway, so just planning and having fun was great. I made way too much cake, but that's okay. They all came out just great. I felt very Martha Stewart during the whole event with everything having been done by myself this year...potato salad, cole slaw, pasta salad, cut up veggies, cut up fruit, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers, Joe did burgers and hot dogs, and of course I decorated three Blue's Clues cakes. The Blue's face cake was so cute and everyone asked if I did it or bought it, kinda of made me feel good to be asked. Oddly enough we had so much of the other cakes that we didn't even need to cut into that cake, but I sent the ears from it up to MI for my father-in-law who wasn't able to come down because of work.

We were just plain busy getting ready for the party. It was good though, getting things accomplished in the house to prepare. I felt really good about the entire list of projects that were able to be crossed off. Although, I'm a fan of lists so being able to cross things off of them makes me very happy. The project that was the most work was the scrubbing of the floor. It took me over four hours on Thursday afternoon to scrub the kitchen and morning room floors. I realized prior to starting the project that I hadn't every really scrubbed the floors and we've lived here over 3 years. I've cleaned them, but not down and dirty scrubbed them. It looks good now and I'm all over anyone when it looks like something dropped. Poor Joe, I keep asking him, you didn't spill did you? LOL! Oh well, he can deal. I did the work. I did however think that I might need to go to the ER on Thursday night. After dinner I decided to workout, which is a good. But, when we went to bed later my whole entire arm from wrist to shoulder hurt. I couldn't get to sleep and I kept whining about it the whole time. Joe asked if I wanted him to help me get dressed and into the van (although I later found out he wasn't planning on going with me because Jackson was up asleep). I said no, took some Advil, and finally whined myself to sleep.

I think the biggest thing that happened this past weekend was the fact that my lil' guy turned two. I can't believe he's as old as he is. Time sure has flown by and I don't know if I like it. I'm reminded every day how amazing he is. He's so expressive and will definitely have a hard time with poker, if he's anything like me he won't be able to have a poker face.

I'm happy to say that we had a decent visit with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. I think that timing is everything. They got here Friday night and left earlier today, right before Jackson went down for his nap around 2. It was nice to have people around to help with the party prep and cleanup and not being here too long made it nice. I guess life is all about timing.

Tonight we're having left overs from the party for dinner. It's good to know I don't have to cook at all and Joe will be grilling up the meat products, which always makes everything taste better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home