Just quick while Jackson is napping...
On Monday I did my weigh in and I lost 1.4 lbs this past week, so now I've lost 81 lbs in total. Still must say I have about 100 to go, but it's good to be getting there. I've also decided that in approximately 19 lbs, when I hit the 100 mark, I'd like to get another tattoo. I think that this is what I want to do to mark the milestone, but I just have to decide what it is I want. Plus, we have to find someplace to get it done. It's been a while since I've been inked, so I'll have to see how I do with it this time around.
I think tomorrow we are going to start putting Jackson into his big boy bed. We already have a twin bed in his room for this purpose (and actually another twin in the basement from when that room was a guest room). He's prepared for the bed though, every time we go in his room he climbs up on the bed and pretends he's sleeping. So, I hope that means he'll do okay with his new sleep surroundings.
We found out last night that friends of ours are moving again. We had lived by them in the apartments, when we lived in Rockville but they moved out to Washington state for his job. Than things were crazy and the job situation changed, so they went back to Canada where she is from to stay with her family. They've been up there for a while and he got a cool job down at NASA so they'll be moving to Newport News, VA. Now that's not real close, but it's closer than Canada and they'll be close to fun things down in VA so hopefully we'll see them from time to time. Plus, his family is down there and with them living there we'll probably see them traveling from VA to Canada since they pass through our way on the journey. Wish they were moving closer to us, but I'll take what I can get at this point.
Went with Pippy for an hour walk again last night. It's so strange being out that late at night with her, we got back to the house a little after 10 pm and there wasn't much of anything going on in our community. You can tell that I've been in the 'burbs for too long because the minute I hear a noise while I'm out I think that I have to keep myself alert because why would someone be out that late. Go figure that I used to walk around DC way later at night than that and didn't think much of it. Maybe because I was much younger, but it could also be that I've changed with locale and now having a child.
This week has been a whirlwind and I don't even know where the time went. I feel like I didn't get much accomplished and still have so much to do. I did get Jackson's laundry done today, which is good. However, I don't know what we'll be doing for dinner and seeing as Joe will be home in about 3 hours I need to get working on that.
I keep holding back on wanting to go to Cold Stone Creamery. I know, it's not the best place to go while changing how you deal with food, but I checked out some of the better options for me and this time that I go I'll have a plan ahead of time. Last time we went it was later in the evening on Friday night, in the heat wave, and the place was so busy that you couldn't even stay in there with Jackson. I didn't get to really check out what the options were and it irritated me. We went with friends that have been there a bunch of times so they were prepared, but I felt slighted because I wasn't ready and made a quick decision. Now I know and I'm prepared.
I guess that's about it from here. Nothing too exciting, but what ever is, I'm a Mom and my exciting days are gone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home