10.30.2002

Wow, so much has happened since I’ve last blogged...

Pippy is still wearing her cone head attire. Seems that she took out some of her stitches herself so they gave her a large cone. I swear she’s such a trouble maker, but so cute. Remarkably enough, she doesn’t do too poorly with the cone on her head. Just has problems cleaning herself. She got to frustrated the other night that we took the cone off for a few minutes to let her clean. Once she was done with that she went right back to trying to lick the scars, so back the cone went.

If having one pet with a cone on their head wasn’t enough...Vinni has one as well. We noticed that he wasn’t putting pressure on one of his front paws, so I took him to the vet last week. There is a possibility of two things that could have happened to him...first is that he might have walked across the store when it was still hot and burned himself pretty bad. The second, and much more likely, is that the puppy got a hold of him when chasing and his paw ended up in her mouth. The markings are similar to a bite so it seems to most reasonable. The day I brought Vinni back from the vet I swear Vegas was hiding, she has to be thinking, “You ain’t putting one of those freaky things on my head, I didn’t do anything wrong!”

So, if you decide to peep into our windows, you’ll see two of three pets running around with lampshades on their heads. It’s a never ending circus in my house!

Last night Joe and I carved pumpkins. This was the first time that I’d done such a thing, which might be hard to believe since I’m almost 27 years old. But, it was a fun experience. I even roasted the pumpkin seeds and am loving every minute of eating them. Joe was all bummed out because you can’t really tell what his pumpkin is supposed to be. He ended up carving another one, one of the smaller ones, to redeem himself. I feel bad for him though because this is HIS holiday and his pumpkin is just zig zagged and un-determinable. Mine on the other hand is a little girl at the door of someone’s house for candy and the person that is opening the door is all scary with spiky hair and jagged teeth. They are from patterns, no artist talent like that coming from me!

We’ve done some painting in the house, more appropriately, others have painted in my house. It’s starting to come together, but I still feel like it’s taking a long time. I can’t complain though. We’ve lived there a little over a year and it’s going to take some time. Patience isn’t my strong suit.

Yet again we had financial issues. This time it’s no ones fault but our own. We’ve become addicted to the Big Dogs store and have bought way too much stuff from there. I love all of our purchases, we just have to slow down with that. High side is that the mortgage check won’t bounce, even if it’s really late and includes the penalty fee (this however is not our fault and it’s so complicated that I won’t even attempt to go into it).

I had a dream that I was at the doctors office and they were doing an ultrasound (or something along those lines). Showing me the baby and were about to tell me the sex of it before I woke up. Again, this has to be wishful thinking. Very odd.

Thinking about baby stuff, I had to decline an invitation to a friend/neighbors baby shower this weekend. There were many factors involved, one of which is the fact that the only two people I will know there are the guest of honor and another prego neighbor that I don’t even like. But, I think the thing that pushed it over the edge for me was that I’m just not ready to be around someone having a baby shower when I am having such a difficult time trying to conceive. In my attempt to work this out in my own head, I ended up RSVP’ing late, luckily I got the persons answering machine and I didn’t have to talk with them. But, I still feel bad for not going. As of now, the plan for the day is to go out with Joe a little before her party and stay out for a long time. I think we will go get her gift and run some other errands at the same time. Since I said that I had prior commitments, it’s important that I’m out of the house since the party is down the street from us at their place. I feel bad, but it’s something that I have to do to be okay with myself at the end of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home