9.06.2002

My yearly performance appraisal is fast approaching. Today I had to submit any contributions to my boss that I wanted in the review. I at first thought I had nothing of substance, since my of my clients just say thanks or call with their compliments. After some searching through past e-mails, I found that I had 13 that could be included. (Let’s not even think about that number, I’m not really superstitious, but you know there has to be something to this coincidence.) I also decided to print them out and keep them in a file, never know when I might need then for the future, my mind actually was thinking of the day I either get fired or walk out, I might need to grab and go, if you know what I mean.

I’ve been busy today. Boss lady is out of the office, so I have things to do in her absence. I guess it’s good though, today at least she is physically absent, not just mentally/emotionally. I’ve done most of it, the urgent things at least.

The past two nights I’ve taken the puppy for a nice long walk. Well, I should say it was approximately 1 hour each night, you can decide if that’s long or not. She seemed to enjoy it both nights, which tickled me because that was the point. I thought it would tire her out though, thought she would get back into the house, get some water, and lay down. This was not the case however. That little energy ball just wanted to play. If I have to say, “get me a toy” one more time...lol. Gotta love it, she actually goes and gets one. Not sure of a direct correlation there, but at least we’re getting somewhere.

I didn’t mention earlier this week that the dog decided to give me a present last weekend on the ride home from PetSmart. She puked all over me, chunky too. We were pulling onto our street when she did it. Luckily, or unluckily, she did most of her damage on my clothes. But, I was worried that there would be a lingering odor in the truck. I’m happy to say, I haven’t noticed anything and it’s been warm enough out that by the end of the day it would have been noticeable if there were any remnants.

Update on my bitterness...I’m trying to get through it all. I have to keep reminding myself that I’m extremely blessed. I have a wonderful (and larger than needed) home to come home to every night, I have a job (even if I hate it) that provides income, I have an awesome husband who supports me, I have three silly and fun pets that provide hours of entertainment, I have two vehicles that provide transportation to where I need to go, I have the support of much of my family, awesome friends and many great neighbors. I guess I just need to be reminded of these when things seem to be falling apart around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home