Life, of late, has been life. I’ve been busy when I’m at work and I go home to do the normal things I do. I take care of the dog and cats and try to get home things accomplished.
September 11th came and went, luckily without anything horrible going on (that I’m aware of). I felt blessed to have been working at a government site on that day. It seems that where I normally work nothing special happened and people weren’t even told they could take a moment of silence. From my understanding, it was like every other day. The only exception to that being that we were given pins that we could wear, which I personally think were given just as a way for the company to ease it’s mind about the lack of thought they put into the day of remembrance.
On detail there were tv’s on in conference rooms and anyone was allowed to go in and out to watch coverage of the days events. People were talking about what they did last year when it happened, walking home, talking to loved ones on the phone, feeling devastated for the countries tragedy. I took comfort in how everyone was getting through the day. Taking time to remember, but getting through it all. I myself stayed up much later than I should have to watch some of the specials on tv and ended up going to bed very late.
Next morning I was downtown on detail again, with about 3 hours sleep. The dog needed attention and Joe had to be at work at 5 am...so with his leaving around 4:40 and my leaving at 5 am...we were up early. I felt sick all day long and was happy to be on the train home at night.
The weekend went by with not that much excitement. Joe went to the driving range with two neighbors on Sunday morning and came home to announce that he wanted a set of golf clubs for his birthday. Initially he wanted a tattoo, which is what I was planning on getting for him. Needless to say, this changed and yesterday afternoon we were at Galyan’s buying him a beginner set of clubs. They were on sale and didn’t cost as much as I thought they might. I gave him the speech of how he better actually use them, unlike other things we have bought and sit in a closet or in the basement. I believe he will use them, he likes hanging out with the neighbor guys and this will be a way for him to have fun with the boys!
Today is Joe’s birthday. I think we are going out to a nice dinner at Dutch’s Daughter. I know he loves this one steak they have there, which while very pricey, is worth it for a birthday.
It is also my mother’s birthday today. I didn’t get her anything, but she is a woman that is very difficult to buy for since she’s disabled and can’t leave the house (for the most part). I know that I’ll come up with something for her, even if it does arrive late. I feel like such a horrible daughter, but I’ve talked to her like every day for the past four days. Not much more I could do, but be there...ya know?
Boss lady was out on Friday and is out today for the holiday. All I care about is the fact that she’s not here to bother me or my co-workers. Each day I’m around her I get to see just what a horrible person and manager that she is. No excusing some people!
Friday lunch was awesome, went to Quizno’s with a friend. I love that place and going with her is so much fun. I most likely bitched too much about my job, but she used to work with me and knows that it’s like to have that boss and be in those situations. I’m thankful that she lets me vent about such things and I just hope she knows I’m here for her as well.
Gee, I’ve been all over the board with this posting. Oh well. We’ll have to see what this week leads to...wait and see...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home