I didn’t realize that it had been a week since I last blogged. Shame on me for slacking that much.
Things have been as always for me. With a few exceptions...
Friday night I came home from work a few minutes later than I normally would, since it was Friday and there was the normal Friday night commute home. I finally walked through the garage and into the laundry room to notice an odd smell. I figured it had to be from something sitting in the washing machine, so I left it at that. I went into the hall and heard the answering machine beeping, so I listed to the message and grabbed the phone...trying to do so without the dog noticing in the crate. By this time she had started whimpering and I thought it was her regular, “you’re home, let me out of this crate and pay attention to me.” I continued on and decided I would let her out of the crate and outside while I returned a call. Just as I walked over the gate and was going towards her crate I realized that she had gone to the bathroom in her crate, and not just pee. It was all over the place, all over her, and the smell was nasty. The poor thing was petrified to be in there and wanted out so badly. I was upset at this point because Joe should have been home already. I let her out and of course she was jumping all over me, poop all over my new jeans. I let her out, figured I would return the call that I needed to before letting her back in the house and then I would start the clean up process. Pippy wasn’t having that. She wanted to be done outside and back inside with me. I returned my call once Joe came home and had her outside for a little while. The cleanup meant cleaning the floors (which she ran all over), cleaning the crate, washing the towels that are in the crate with her, and finally and most importantly, giving her a bath. By the time this was all done we all needed a bath. Joe and I were dirty and were hungry!
Our neighbors little girl turned 2 years old yesterday. Joe and I went to Toys ‘R Us and bought her three tapes (Rolie Polie Olie, Blue’s Clues, and Barney) and a Blue’s Clues puzzle. We weren’t invited to the Chucky Cheese Party (for kids) during the day, but we’ve been invited to the cake party (for adults) tomorrow night. She is so cute we couldn’t resist getting her something. It seems that buying her these gifts has elevated us to Aunt and Uncle status in their household (before we were Mr. Joe and Ms. Kim)...too funny. The comment was made that since we had such a good time at the store buying Kayla’s gifts that it meant we were more than ready for our own.
Back to work for me. Not at all excited about it, but it’s a necessary evil. Over the weekend Joe and I both applied for jobs. Not sure what, if anything, will come of that. But at least we tried. Not much more you can ask for.
I’m currently waiting for the OB/GYN to call me back. I’ve finally accepted that our having a baby means my having to see an infertility specialist. Once I talk to my Dr. I’ll have all the info I need and I can go from there. I’m nervous and hope she calls before the day is through.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home