So far this day has been rather eventful for me.
I’ve been up since around 5 am when the dog started to bark and I realized that Joe wasn’t up yet. He had to be at work at 6 and was supposed to get up early to do his morning ritual of feeding the pets, taking Pippy out a few times and getting himself ready. I ended up doing his duties. He just better hope he gets home before me, so that he can deal with her for dinner. I don’t want to do double duty with her today. This weekend we bought our puppy a new crate. This thing needs it’s own zip code, it’s huge! Vet said she might be mixed with Lab, we know she’s half Australian Shepherd but aren’t sure of the rest. He based it on weight gain. As of her Friday night vet appointment, she’s 27.4 pounds.
Joe and I did yard work yesterday. Not too exciting, but things do look a little nicer in the yard. I guess that’s all you can ask for. We attempted to rake the backyard to get the hay out, but that didn’t work to well and definitely didn’t last that long. The conclusion there was that we have to till the whole thing and start over. There is too much hay and too many rocks to try to deal with it.
I yet again thought that I was going to get fired today. I should just leave a damn xerox box in my office. It would make things easier...hehe. The end result was that I was told to make sure I keep up with people, but that wasn’t even said in too mean of a way. I would have thought differently since the attitude coming from that office isn’t a good one. But, whatever. I can do only so much. Needless to say, I have a lot of work to do today and we’ll have to see if it all gets done by the end of the day.
I think I’ve made some decisions about my job though. I don’t plan to ring in the new year while working here. I would love for this to be the case prior to my review, to be honest. I would love to go into my review and start off by saying, “I know we are in here for my yearly performance appraisal, but I wanted you to know that I am giving my two weeks notice, here is my letter of resignation.” Either way, I can’t think of another year with this company, more specifically, with this contract. I have to get beyond the fact that I like some of the people that I work with and move onto something that is better, or if nothing else, different.
I’ve been thinking about the next few days and what it means. I don’t plan on getting all deep in my blog. I understand that many of us will be using the coming week as a time of remembrance, grieving, love, and possibly change. I know that I will get into the specials and events that will be on t.v. and in the papers. I’ll be on gov’t detail on Wednesday, not sure what that will mean for the day, but it might lead to something different and interesting. I know we’re all still healing from this past year, it will be a long time before this wound has healed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home