9.21.2008

So, life's been moving along as always. I guess the alternative isn't as entertaining, so I can't complain.

We ended up at Olive Garden for the birthday's this week. Yeah, I might have picked something else if I had my own say, but it was what was best for everyone. My aunt could easily get there and there was more than enough room for my mom in the wheelchair. Of course Nathaniel acted up the whole time and ended up being held and made it take longer, but it was okay in the end.

My weigh-in did show a gain, but a minor one so I'll move on from that. I'm not sure what to think of this week though because I've been a little crazed since the meeting! My reasons are The Great Frederick Fair, bagels and lox, and exploded potatoes. I did okay at the fair, didn't go too overboard but did have things I wouldn't eat on a normal day. Than let's add insult to injury by going out for breakfast and lunch yesterday. I'm such a stinking carb-oholic I can't believe it. Everything was very good though, so I'll do what I'm supposed to do and just move on from the meals and do my best now.

Not only was the food good at the fair, but we had a great time in general. It was very cute to see the kids holding hands and walking around together. I guess here is where I should add that we went with neighbors and they have three adorable kids. We had just gotten our camera back from repair, so we brought that and took pics, now to just get Joe to put them on a CD for them.

If anyone didn't know, yesterday was shoe day! Okay, I'm kidding, but in our house it seemed to be shoe day if you looked at what we bought. Jackson and I both got new running shows and we both even got new Crocs. We knew that the plan was to get sneakers for him and running shoes for me, but when we were at If the Shoe Fits getting my stash we noticed they had Crocs on sale. I checked it out, found another pair of flip-flops and even found a pair of Lighting McQueen ones for Jackson. The deal was too good to pass up and since he's wanted a pair we got them.

Oh my, need I forget we cleaned out the cars yesterday. Like really cleaned them, I scrubbed the interiors and even my fingers feel all funny from the cleaner. Joe did the vacuuming and windows. As for the exterior I did the tired (my chrome still looks like butt but from a distance it looks good) and he did the bulk of the vehicles. It was great to get that done, I can't remember the last time my car was washed, but I do think it was the end of July when we left for MI.

As for the boys...Jackson's asthma really shows itself when he missed a treatment, he's big into saying he hates things, and he's getting really irritable at dinner time. Nathaniel is just a needy little bugger that wants to be held a lot and has decided to occasionally get up at night to be fed.

I'm realizing again that our family really needs to take an actual vacation. Maybe if I get my act in gear early enough we'll be able to get a rental or something, if booked enough in advanced we'd be able to get a good deal. The beach would be great, just to figure out where is the best for a family to go without all the hoopla. HHmmmm.

Washing clothes, for most people that doesn't sound like a fun chore. But, for me, with a machine that's finally working again, it's a whole different world! The repair guy was here on Friday and fixed it, well, but in the new pump so if that means he technically fixed it than that's what I'll say. He was here for a while and left rather dirty from doing it. Oh well, I can do laundry again and that's all I care about.

In other repair news...this coming Friday I have another repair person coming out for the fridge because it's leaking water out onto the floor again and leaving thick layers of frost in the freezer section. Plus, we have the HVAC guys coming out to do the Fall service to the system. Looks like I'm stuck in the house on Friday, oh well.

Off to take out my contacts as my eyes are bothering me and I've not changed them in a long time...hhhmmmmm...how long ago is it anyway....not sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home