Okay so I left off yesterday with my van not starting on Friday morning as we were about to pull out of the driveway. Well, Joe jumped my van off of his Subaru (side note here, if they made a van, I'd totally get it!) and we were on the way, fingers crossed that we wouldn't have to use the jumper cables that I was taking with me in the van.
The drive up to NJ went well, stopped for lunch at Burger King and made it to my grandparents just fine. We stayed there for a while and than headed off to the cemetery for my dad. We only were there for a few moments and proceeded down to the shore. The drive down there took a little longer than planned because of an event at the Arts Center and normal Friday night traffic down to the shore. But, we still got there in time to hang out a while and head over to dinner. Across the street and down a few is a restaurant/bar that is a hangout of theirs. It's a typical shore place, only open 6 months a year, but a place that the locals around there know well.
The rest of the weekend included watching of the Olympics, bagels, beach, playing in the water with Jackson, keeping Nathaniel out of the sun, grilling for dinner with my cousin there with his wife and baby, realizing Jackson had a rash again, more beach, some shopping, out to dinner on Sunday and driving back way too late on Sunday night. Coming home after midnight and realizing it was way late and that the next day was coming very soon.
All in all, we had a great time and we can't wait to go back again to hang out. It was weird being around my family, as an adult, and having adult conversations. Good things came out of the weekend and I'm so glad we went. Jackson is ready to go back this coming weekend, but it probably won't be until early next summer that we go back. Most likely though, I'll definitely be up there for one of the local towns 5K runs. It's a great place for it since the land is so flat and you get the ocean winds. There was one on Saturday morning, the weather was fabulous for it, but I didn't have any of my workout stuff and didn't realize the town over was doing it.
The drive home was good too. Joe drove, I only got a slight headache and I think it's because it was at night and I had less to look at out the window and therefore not able to get so sick. There were some moments though, since we're both very easily bothered by people cutting us off, but it was okay.
I ended up with a sunburn on some areas, but that's because I was determined to get some sun. However, having kids means you don't get to sit out to get sun and you have to watch them. So, nothing even and nothing that is of note. I'm just glad that I'm not completely sore anymore and that I can move without wincing.
Monday night Joe and I went to the Kindergarten orientation at school and that went well. We met the teacher and were able to get a feel for what she was like. She's nice, but so stinking young that I feel like I could be her mother! I mean, she's not literally that young, but she looks like she's 16 (as Joe texted to a friend of ours while we were there, she's a 3 beer cute...lol). The year ahead will give us some insight as to whether she's a good fit for him, but she did remember Jackson from his walk down the hall after getting off the bus and dropping off his friend Aidan along the way to his classroom.
Tomorrow is a big day, the Weight Watcher's meeting, I have another follow-up OB/GYN appt and we have the Open House at the school for Jackson to see the classroom and officially meet the teacher. I hope he has a good time while we are there and we get an idea of who his classmates will be. So far I'm not aware of what kids from his pre-K will be with him, so I'm hoping it's not some of the kids that were somewhat of troublemakers.
Big happenings will be going on here on Saturday night as we're having a party on the court. It's a bring your own BBQ/grilling type of thing. A few of the guys are going to bring out their grills, we'll bring our own meats/proteins, everyone is bringing a covered dish, etc. We'll be bringing turkey hotdogs for us, potato salad for everyone and baked ziti for everyone. I'll probably end up making brownies and making sure I have freezer pops in the garage freezer to use if needed. So tomorrow I'll be making up the list of stuff we need to make that stuff and including whatever drinks we want to have down there too. Who knows, maybe I'll break out some alcohol and get my drink on...lol!
The countdown starts today...one week until Jackson starts school and Joe ensures we aren't having more babies. I have to get my mom to an appt that afternoon as well and I'll be missing out on Bunco because I'm pretty sure that Joe won't be able to handle the boys by himself that night. I'm kinda bummed about it, but I know why I'm not going and I'm okay with that.
Wow, I feel like I'm hitting a wall about now. Since Nathaniel seems to be asleep upstairs in his crib and Jackson can take care of himself for a few moments, I might opt to take a nap!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home