First and foremost...I apologize for typos that were very present in my last post. I'm honestly too lazy to go back and correct it, but did want to acknowledge that I knew they existed.
Friday night was had over some neighbors, Tiffany and Jason. This is the same Jason I mentioned before that recently had a stroke. They were supposed to bring their 1 yo daughter, McKenna, but she had a rash and they didn't want to pass it along to Nathaniel. Well, they were over for a few hours and we had a great time. It was nice to get together without being out on the street with all the kids. It was however Friday night when everyone does get out there and we never ended up going out. This lead to issues for Jackson as he was ticked. Oh well. I guess some smack talking about us went on, with is completely to be expected since we weren't there. When Tiffany and Jason went out for a short while they got comments by some other neighbors to the effect of..."wow, what did you have to do to get invited?" and crap like that. And it seems the big question was why we didn't come down at all, even after dinner and stuff was over at our house. I kinda wanted to go down, but Joe didn't want to and I wasn't up to going alone so I stayed in as well. We watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and just chilled.
I'm all about watching Olympic coverage, I will say that I don't get some of the events though. Some just seem downright silly to me and it amazes me that people train and medal in some of these events. Of course I'm watching beach volleyball, soccer and I'll check out rowing when it's on. There are a bunch of other things that I've been watching as well and I'm hoping that the U.S. kicks some booty. But, I'm sportsmanly enough to know that if we don't win it's because another team/player is better in the moment and that's awesome too. Poor Jackson is all confused and keeps asking who we want to win...lol.
My weight, yes, I'll bring up the pane of my existence right now. It's up...say it with me everyone...ARGH! I'm having a hard time and knowing that we'll be away next weekend isn't helping any. I'm trying to not completely beat myself up, which can be hard, but failing at times.
Workouts are still going pretty good though (my weight is more about my eating than my exercising). Today I did a full on run and it felt great. I keep upping my speed and can definitely see 10 min miles in my near future. I know, that's no big deal for many people out there, but it's where I was when I got pregnant so it's a goal to get back to now.
This afternoon when I was making lunch an exciting thing happened around here...Nathaniel rolled over. Yeppers, he's growing like crazy and even finally did a full roll over and back again. Last night we even gave him some rice cereal, which just burns me because I'm a big believer that most people give their kids cereal too darn early. Well, this kid is hungry ALL the time. So, I had to cave in and give him something of more substance. He did really well the first feeding, of course didn't eat a lot but did well. Not along ago I tried to give him a second feeding of it and he wasn't having it at all. But, we'll keep it up.
Our camera is all messed up, well, not the whole thing just the disc from it. We only got one memory card when we bought it and it's been working just fine so far. Last night Joe tried to download the pics from July to the computer so we could put them up on SnapFish and it was all kinds of messed up. Some pics were missing, some reading as an error, discolored, etc. So he did tech support with Sony and they walked him through reformatting the card (which he knows how to do, but went ahead and did it with the person) only to find out that the card has an error and we have to get another one. I think we can return it since it's less than a year old, but we have to double check on that. I was irked to some extent, but it's only one month of pics, some can be salvaged and it included the trip to MI which isn't about me anyway. I was hoping to put a few up on here though and that might have to wait a few days again.
I think that Nathaniel is starting to get tired right now. Jackson has his head up against his and he's pulling Jackson's hair. I just heard Jackson say, "wanna pull my hair" not too many days ago he was complaining about him pulling it and now he's over there giggling. Kids!
This past week we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, since we were out in a town that had one of them and Jackson entered a superhero drawing contest. We didn't hear from them the next day so we just figured he didn't win, the picture was okay but nothing spectacular. Well, yesterday we were out and came home to a message that he'd won. The next time we go in he gets a $5 gift certificate and some gift cards for stuff at Sheetz (I think that's where Joe said the manager told him). Heck, it will pay for his meal when we go so that's good. I had the naked tenders and picked the garlic parmesan sauce...loved it. It's nice to go somewhere and not have to get a breaded and fried chicken, just a plain naked for me! Joe had enjoyed some boneless wings and Jackson had mac-n-cheese.
The plan for the week is so set up what we're going to do each day. I don't want to get to Thursday night and end up having to be up late to get stuff done. I really despise that and don't want it for this trip either. Even though there will be a lot less driving I still don't want to deal with the normal junk we always do. Plus, heck, Joe will be home all day Thursday so he can help me...if nothing else he can assist with the kids while I do everything else...which reality tells me will actually be the case.
Off to do Mommy stuff. Hoping to get Nathaniel down for a nap, maybe take one myself and I really need to shower and get ready before it's too late in the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home