Freakin' headaches! I swear, I never understood how debilitating having a hardcore headache was until I had children, especially 2 children. It's like I don't even want to move...but have to do my mommy stuff that includes lots of goings on. Argh. This has been happening a lot lately and I've yet to really express that to any adult in my household for fear of the comments that I need to seek some form of medical assistance. Add to this past week I felt as if I was going to pass out, had funny vision stuff happening and felt like I could vomit at any moment. It wasn't good. So not good that it even stopped me from doing more than treadmill that day. Of course Joe comes home that night bitching about something and I was so over it, especially since he didn't ask about my day at all. When he finally said something I spewed out how I felt like ass and he really needed to take over the care of the kids for the rest of the night...he asked late enough that it really didn't matter though.
I'm more and more convinced that before I had kid(s) I had no clue. Being sick, going shopping, having a life...so much easier without children around. I mean think about it...you have a cold, headache, whatever ailment...how do you deal? Most likely you take some meds and rest. As a parent that's staying home and no true long term assistance with the kids...what do you do? You take anything that doesn't make you drowsy (codeword for not going to really work) and continue about the rest of you day, praying that the kids don't stay up later than normal so that you can get some sleep while probably putting off all the regular stuff you do to ensure the house isn't a disaster by the morning. Or even better...just go ahead and do everything you normally do and hope that you might get the amount of sleep you'd dream to get but probably get woken up by a lil' one in the middle of the night that's also now sick and needs to be taken care of. Don't get me wrong, being a parent is great. But there are times when you want to ring the next of someone that says they aren't feeling well and are going home to get some sleep. Sleep, without interruption and done for more than a few hours at night to ensure you don't kill someone...must be nice...lol!
My weight situation is all over the place. I'm totally up and hating it. I gotta get back to what I know but I'm struggling to do it. I'm feeling as if my health is going to crap and I want to reverse that process. I'm trying, but highly reminded that this is a lifetime struggle for me and many other out there.
Body image is coming to the forefront because of the weight being up, but also because we're heading to my aunt and uncle's in less than two weeks for the weekend and they live a block and a half from the beach. We're going for the beach aspect that is an advantage of visiting them, but I despise that I can't wear my suit from last year and that I had to get a larger size this year.
Our neighbor, Jason, is 25 years old and had a stroke last week. We all thought this was a joke at first, can't be that something that young had a stroke, right? Well, wrong. He had one and they can't figure out why. He's home and off of work for 2 weeks (actually out seeing a movie w/Joe and some other guys right now) but had many limits on what he can do. They can't figure it out...how messed up is that? At least when Joe had the heart attack last year we knew why, we had answers, we got meds, we're moving on to try to be healthier. I can't imagine what it's like to be told that you've had a stroke but there isn't a good reason why and since they don't know why they can't tell you how to probably ensure you're reducing the chance that it happen again.
Kindergarten is just around the corner for Jackson and we've already picked up most of his school supplies. All we need to still get is a backpack and Playdoh. The rest of the list has been crossed off. We even know the teacher that he'll have and what day he'll start based on the rolling start days for Pre-K and K. I'm not thrilled about his teacher assignment right now, because one of the ladies from bunco had bad dealings with her last year. This is only her second year of teaching and didn't take action on things fast enough or efficiently enough as she should have. We'll see how she does this year and fingers crossed that I don't have to spend time talking to the principle or assistant principle to get action (if and when needed). Also, we know he had a new bus driver this year because Ms Emma moved and won't be driving his route anymore. Bummed about that since it would be something constant for him, but nothing I can do about that. I did find out though that two other kids from the street will be in his class, but his best friend on the street won't be. That's actually probably a good thing when you think about it though.
Friday night lead to the normal frivolity on our street. Those that come out to "play" were up too late, the kids had fun, many adults drank, etc. Good times were had.
Off to prepare for the coming week and see what the top items are to get accomplished.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home