6.08.2008

Okay people, I can’t a lick of anything done around here that doesn’t include the direct care of Jackson or Nathaniel.

Nathaniel has been so darn fussy that all I feel like I do is feed him, hold him, burp him, change his diaper, etc. I don’t remember feeling like this with Jackson. Than again, I didn’t have an almost 5 year old bugging me and talking constantly when he was a baby.

I feel like the house is a train wreck and if I thought we could afford it I’d get a cleaner to come in. But than again, I’m one of those people that would clean the house before they showed up, so it really wouldn’t do any good. Heck, I should make an appointment with one, clean the house in preparation for them coming, and than cancel…lol…that might actually be the fire under my butt to get things moving.

The temperature has been crazy hot, like 90-100 degrees hot. Not even looking forward to what summer time bills will look like. To all of those that don’t have to pay utilities due to renting someplace that has it included in their monthly rent…be thankful, be very very thankful.

Can’t remember if I mentioned this or not, and to be frank, I’m too lazy to go back and look…I’ve been drinking Guinness to see if it increases my supply for Nathaniel. Not the fun Guinness either, the Extra Stout stuff. One word…GROSS! I know I’ve never been a beer fan, more of a hard alcohol girl, but this is just not up my alley at all.

Talked with Joe’s Aunt Judy (the one that I love!) and we’re working out dates to go up there and see them all in July. Of course it’s the end of July, but she’s willing to have a birthday party for Jackson while we are there. That way, even though it’s a few weeks late for him, everyone can celebrate and gifts don’t have to be shipped to us which is a waste of money. Now I just have to wait and see if Joe can get that specific time off of work since we’re trying to overlap our time there with his cousin who will be up from Texas with her kids (although her husband can’t make it due to work commitments and the fact that they will be heading off to Europe for a few weeks right after she leaves the kids up there with her parents). We’ll all be staying at Uncle Bill an Aunt Judy’s place, which should be interesting with four kids there…lol!

Thinking of that trip, I guess I should see if the breast pump my bunco friend lent me works well with the battery attachment, because I’ll need to be using that on the trip. Hhmmmm.

Oh, I was called up for Federal Jury Duty again! Again! Again! Can I just say, again! I swear, they say this is random but my rear end it’s random. If it’s random how is it that I get called up all the time for it, huh? Of course I sent in my excuse due to obligations note. There is no way that I can be in Baltimore for over a month serving on a jury unless they want me to bring my kids, my mom and my breast pump along with me! I know it’s my civic duty, and once my kids are out of the house I’m all a go for helping due my time. But come on, it’s for July, like that would work for any mommy that stays home with her kids. The kicker is, if you send in an excuse, they don’t let you know if they let you go from the pool or not, you still have to call the night before you’re due to be there. Reality is, even if they expect me to show up, I can’t. So it really doesn’t matter. I’ll be the one with the police showing up at my door to drag me to court because I didn’t show up. Oh well. (I know that many of you are laughing at this, because you know/remember that my Master’s Degree is in Criminal Justice, I at one point wanted to be a lawyer, and I really get into legal proceedings when the info is good…but I just can’t at this point in my life.)

Still fighting the scale in the morning and hating it. Tomorrow I have my weigh in and I never know what it will say. I’m using our trip up to MI as incentive to get a lot of weight off fast, but I don’t want to make myself sick either. Trying to get in more workout time, added weights to the treadmill routine since I don’t need much time for that. Hoping to maybe start to do some of my DVD’s at night or something, maybe see if Jackson is up to doing it with mommy in the middle of the day. This summer being home thing will be interesting anyway since I won’t have my mornings alone with Nathaniel.

Well, enough of my whining about my life…just another day in the life of a soccer mom I guess. Which, by the by, Jackson will be on an in-house league in the Fall and I’m very excited. It’s only on Monday and Thursday nights from 5:30-6:30, but it will be good for him. He’ll be in Kindergarten, in a structured sport, etc. Love it.

Alright, I’m out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home