Today, as every Father’s Day, I have a little pity party for myself. I know I shouldn’t, I now have a husband that needs to be celebrated on this day. But, I still go into a slump because I don’t have my father around to celebrate. I get bitter that I have friends that don’t do anything for their parents, that aren’t even choosing to be present in their parents lives, when they are still alive. As anyone that’s lost a parent, I miss my dad a lot and as I’m raising two boys it becomes even clearer to me how important it is to have a father in your life. (I won’t even get into how Joe lost his dad due to a motor cycle accident when he was 4 years old, never had a decent father in his life and how his mother married his uncle when he was older, thankfully his aunt and uncle were in his life and I’m only to hope that some influence from that uncle sunk in.)
As for our Father’s Day celebration in this house, it’s somewhat limited to the fact that Joe has to work today. He had off Friday, Saturday and will be home tomorrow, but had to work today due to scheduling issues and working retail we know that it happens all the time. I feel it just completed the trifecta…he worked Mother’s Day, our anniversary a few days later and now Father’s Day. It’s just fitting. He’ll work other official holidays as well, but those are to get comp days later on so I don’t care.
Later today Jackson and I will be making a chocolate cake that he saw in his Sesame Street cookbook. He doesn’t exactly understand the fact that we can’t cut into it until after Joe gets home tonight, which is a few hours after we will eat dinner, but I’m working on that with him. I really don’t like Sunday schedules, they are even longer than the normal minimal 10 hours days so I never really know when he’ll call saying he’s on his way. Either way, I have a feeling I’ll be bribing Jackson with some M&Ms or something so he doesn’t shove his hand in the cake!
Friday was exciting in our house, it was Jackson’s last day of school for the year. It was a shorter day too so we took advantage. Joe and I both went to the bus to pick him up (actually we went together to drop him off too) and than we came home, did a few things and than headed off to get his summer sandals. After that we went out to lunch at a great hidden sandwich shop in town and ended it off with going to see Kung Fu Panda. The whole time Nathaniel slept in his carrier and had not a care in the world. Worked out good for us, but meant a lot of sleeping for him.
Okay, back to the sandwich place we ate at…it’s called AKA Frisco’s and had the best potatoes ever! I’ve had them before when they were at parties that our neighbors would have, but we’ve never been to the location to actually eat other food of theirs. Jackson has the best stinking grilled cheese I’ve probably ever eaten, I had an awesome turkey sandwich and Joe had a mixed meat sandwich that had hot sauce on it and rocked. We shared an exploded potatoes and a soda too. I’m all about going back to this place, like I could see us having it once a week. They even do bakers, which are stuffed potatoes and you can substitute out the baked potato for exploded potatoes to be topped with the filling. Can we say Fall and Winter goodness right there? Our friend/neighbor works right next store to the place too…oh my! Needless to say, we’re already fans of the place.
The other night I had a death dream (or better yet nightmare) about Nathaniel. It’s unclear to me how he died, but he died in this dream. I hadn’t been asleep for all that long but woke up and I guess the way I woke up also woke up Joe. He was great and let me do my thing of freaking out. I of course picked up Nathaniel and loved on him, talked to him, etc. Sometimes hugs from kids and heal a lot of worries. Of course the little bugger was awake since he’d slept most of the day, so in a way that was good. I’m really happy we go to the ENT tomorrow to get him checked out, I hope they scope his throat to see what’s going on because not having clear answers isn’t helping me at all.
Let’s see, what else is happening in our lives…
I’ve been watching the show “It takes a Thief.” It’s on when I’m usually doing one of the feedings for Nathaniel, so I turn it on. So of course now I’m all about home protection again and it’s easy to watch because I personally think the one host is kinda cute.
Also been tuning in to the Green channel, or whatever it is that they call that, Planet Green maybe? I think Joe’s going to hate that this network now exists because I’m also on a recycling kick. Now, keep in mind I do a lot of recycling around here and we have the least garbage of all our neighbors and the most recycling out each week. We have these huge garbage cans because they go on automated machines and we don’t put it out that often, they come twice a week but we probably put it out every forth time maybe? But, our recycle is out each Monday with extra bins to hold everything. Well, now I’m all about doing more. I was on a kick like this in high school, felt I could change the world or something, guess I’m back at it!
My aunt is coming to visit tomorrow and I’m excited about that. Although, I still have a bunch of cleaning to do for her arrival.
Today my uncles and aunt spoke with my grandfather about getting some assistance in the house, we’ll see how it feels about it after he thinks it over. As for now he seems okay with the idea, although until any decisions are made they won’t be mentioning it to my grandmother.
That’s about it. I know I’ll think of more later, but I have stuff to get working on and need to run.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home