6.07.2008

Is it horrible to say that I’m already over the election process? I know, we have months left of campaigning to go through and debates to hear, but I’m done with it already. Might be because my candidate has to throw in the towel (don’t get me started on that either) but the whole process is just taking longer and longer these days and I don’t know if I like it. I’m not a big political person anyway, so that probably doesn’t help any.

Our neighbor situation isn’t getting any better. She’s wanting a divorce and doesn’t care to get herself the help she obviously needs, she’d rather focus on getting out of her marriage than getting herself well. This bothers me on so many levels. First off, if you’re not emotionally well you shouldn’t be making any decisions about your marriage…secondly, get yourself better…if not for yourself than for your three daughters that need a mom that’s able to be there for them on all levels. She’s not even allowed to be with them by herself right now, which I don’t know if that’s court appointed or just an agreement she and her husband have come to with the aide of a social worker. Either way, things aren’t good across the street from me and I know that the ones that this is going to alter the most in the long term are the girls. The mom has lost it, she’s in and out of the house all the time, always carrying some form of paperwork, it’s nuts! She really needs to be committed, but if she’s attempting a divorce he can’t commit her because she’ll claim all types of things in court. It’s so hard, my heart goes out for all of them. The funniest part of this all is that she believes he’s getting all the neighbors to hate her and go against her, what she doesn’t realize is that all of us always thought she was a little off and at least now we are sympathetic to her and what she’s going through.

In household news, I finally turned on the AC the other day. I figured with temperatures expected in the 90’s that I should finally cave in. The craziest part is that I keep setting the temp higher because I feel too cold. I swear, by the time it’s all said and done I’ll have this place set in the 80’s because I’m too cold with it lower. I think it’s already set at 75 and I’m constantly asking if anyone else is chilly.

On Thursday I went to field day at Jackson’s school. I had a great time watching all the kids playing and having fun. I have to admit I was thrilled that he’s in the AM program because it was hot as heck in the afternoon and he would have been miserable. I brought Nathaniel and everyone was so excited to see him. Jackson’s teacher held him right away, she’s so funny. I even remembered to bring my camera so hopefully I’ll be able to post a few pics from the day.

Joe say the oral surgeon again for the follow up (if you don’t remember he had all his upper teeth taken out in preparation for the upper plate in a few weeks). He said everything looks good and he’s already made the appointment for in two weeks to meet with the dentist to start the process along for the plate. I know he’s so sick of eating mushy foods, but in many ways it’s not that much different than what he was dealing with before so not as bad as it might be for some other people. I’ve not looked in there to see, maybe when it’s completely healed up. I made that mistake when I had my tonsils out and darn near passed out when I saw the carnage in my throat…learned my lesson and not going to do it with his mouth.

Nathaniel had his 2 month check up the other day and got four shots and one oral injection. Poor kiddo. He did great otherwise though. He’s up to 12 lbs, 23 1/4 inches and is in the 50th percentile for everything. I can’t handle that, with Jackson he was off the charts for some things so it’s odd to me to have an average baby…lol! I was given a referral to see an ENT for him, the breathing thing isn’t getting any better and I just can’t stand hearing him breath like that so often. So, I have to make that appointment. Lil’ man has been to so many doctors already, feel bad for him but he’s doing great through it all.

Speaking of the lil’ man…he’s crying to be fed again…gotta go…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home