I guess time has just passed me by because I had no clue that it had been as long as it had since I last posted. Well, of course a lot has gone on.
Jackson’s better from the strep throat situation we had going on. He took all the antibiotics and hasn’t had any problems since. We took him out to dinner for his birthday to Pizzeria Uno’s and he had a great time. That Friday we had cupcakes on the court w/his friends and the one dad’s who’s birthday it was that day. Well, there was parental drinking (not Joe and I though) and a late night involved, fun had by all. We continued the party theme by having a couple of friends over that Saturday for pizza and sundae bar to wrap up the birthday festivities in Maryland for him. We’ve even had his 5 year check up and he’s doing just great. I addressed the fact that he’s been coughing for at least some 9 months, that’s if obviously not a cold and I’d like to find out what’s going on. So, he was given an Rx for asthma meds and we’re seeing if it works for him, following up w/the doc in a few weeks to see how he’s doing. I still need to deal w/insurance though, b/c they didn’t over the inhalation chamber that he needed and I’m not happy w/the $63 that cost…plus add on the meds to that.
As for our family, we’ve decided that we’re two children and out of the baby game. Joe and I already went and saw the urologist and he has an appointment set up for the end of Aug to have the procedure done. He’ll have to take a few days off, but it’s definitely much easier for him than it is for me.
Our lil’ man, Nathaniel, is doing well. Last night was his first night in his own room and in his crib. I have to say it was hard to do b/c I can’t easily tell if he’s still breathing. Considering all the problems that he has on that front, it made it so that I had to go in a few times last night to check on him. He did fine and slept great.
We got back last night from our trip to Michigan. There is a ton of stuff I could say about that trip, but I’ll highlight w/the drive and leave the content of the trip alone for now. We left really late on Thursday, around noon, and didn’t get in until about 10 pm. I drove the whole 10 hours worth and I’m okay w/that b/c of the motion sickness issues. Well, the trip took longer than normal b/c of having a baby to feed now, so that was interesting. We stayed w/his aunt and uncle and left yesterday morning to come back. We again left a little later than hoped, but thankfully the traffic and weather worked to our advantage and we were able to get back in time to pick up the dog. Of course I gained weight while we were there and I’m ticked, but I didn’t have a ton of choices b/c of the Midwestern eating habits that my in-laws have.
The only good part of leaving late to head up there was the reason we left late…Joe got his dentures that morning. We stuck around for the appointment so that he could have teeth for the trip and I’m glad we did.
For those that read this blog on occasion, especially during the Winter months, you know I like hockey. Well we were of course in Hockeytown and went to the one store that we really enjoy going to. Due to some complications in making a purchase for a friend of Joe’s, we had to shop there twice and on our second trip to the store we saw a big line outside of another store. So we were wondering what it was for, since it was a Sunday. We come to find out that it was for a signing event, for a hockey player…Chris Chelios was there! I had to convince Joe this was a good idea, but we went down and had some things signed. I really felt strongly that we should have stuff for the boys…so we got signed pics for the boys and mommy got a puck signed. I did have a picture taken w/Chris, but we had some problems w/that and it didn’t save right.
Okay, I should get moving as Nathaniel has been fussing a lot today and I have a ton of stuff to do since returning….plus…per usual, I’m freaking tired. What a stinker though, I just look over at Nathaniel and he’s sitting there smiling at me and attempting to tell me stories…lol!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home