Wow, it’s been a while and as much as stuff has happened, it’s almost like not that much has happened all at the same time.
I have to say that the best thing that did occur in the last week was that I received an e-mail from a college friend. We were pretty close during those years, but I’ve not seen her since about maybe a year after undergrad graduation. She’s one of those people in my life that I can truly say that I love, she’s a sister to me and that I’ve missed. Her impact on my life is probably deeper than I even realize at this point in time. Well, even though her e-mail was more based on making sure we all got out to vote (Super Tuesday) and I decided to write her back with an update. Since that time we’ve talked back and forth and she’s really uplifted me in many ways. We’ve talked things that we may have not even shared with other people, but we’ve told each other. Which just goes to show that we were close enough back during college and that the bond is still there now. She’s hoping to make her way down this way during March and we hope to be able to get together in person at that time, so I’m waiting to see how plans for the baby’s birth go to ensure that can happen.
Since talking with this friend I’ve realized how much getting in contact with others can do for our self-esteem and our emotional status. I feel so much better since talking with her. I dare go so far as to say that I’m uplifted by our conversations. She’s an awesome person and having her back in my life will do me lots of good.
Things in the baby’s room haven’t changed at all. Meaning NOTHING has happened. Let’s not even get me started on that. I can’t complain too much as Joe’s not been home and when he was he had to sleep. He was blessed with the ability to get stuck doing overnight inventory shifts which mean long hours, sometimes long drives to work at the other stores and needing to sleep when we are awake. We don’t have a lot to time to get a lot done; we’ll see how this goes. Work is being done on the dresser for Jackson and we’ve picked out all the paint colors, so we’re moving along. Oh, I removed all the border paper from Jackson’s room, so that’s good.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and in our house we’ve actually already celebrated the day. Tuesday was Joe’s “day” off (actually just half a day since he came home around 6 am that morning) and Jackson had off because it was time for us to vote here in Maryland. So, I made pumpkin spiced pancakes, turkey bacon and we had oranges. I figured it would be a fun way to start off the day. I tried to salvage my carb full breakfast, but didn’t do so great with it. It set me off for the day, oh well.
The reasoning for not celebrating on the actual day was that Jackson and I have to be at school in the morning as it’s my day to volunteer and Joe works the closing shift, so won’t be home for dinner. Oddly, Joe had taken Jackson out to get me a gift on Sunday so they had that already and gave me my presents. Joe went and bought me something too, even though he wasn’t supposed to. I could smack him for that, really I could. But, luckily he told me he kept it in line and kept within a budget of sorts. I love that he wants to do nice stuff for me, but I really wish he wouldn’t. I think it’s the mom in me, not wanting to worry about it and saying I don’t need it. Not sure though.
Problem now? I don’t have anything for him…at all! Jackson and I were going to go out today to get him something but he didn’t have school because of the weather and I didn’t want to go out in the ice. Now I need to do something tomorrow and figure out when we’re going to give him his stuff without it seeming like too much of an after thought.
Oh, I shouldn’t forget that Nana came home from the hospital a few days ago. She seems to be doing okay and the nurse is coming out to check on her. They will set up the physical therapist soon, letting her get situated back at home first. I know Pop-pop is thrilled to have her back, let’s just hope he’s not driving her nuts already.
Baby is constantly surprising me with his movement. I really can’t wait to see what the appointment leads to next week. In a way I hope they just tell me they need to do a c-section and they are going to give me a few days for me to pick from. I’m not sure though. I’d like to push for an induction, but don’t want to harm the baby. It’s really all about what the next sonogram says, which weirds me out at the same time. I swear baby must know I’m typing about him because he started moving around like mad!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home