1.25.2008

I’ve been cleared from the idea of having gestational diabetes! You never know, so that stupid test is important and my results came back all clear. That’s awesome. Plus, we were able to meet another doc and we liked her a lot, we see her again next time and I’d be fine with her delivering the baby. We were able to ask her some other questions and it was great. The only downside was that we had to wait a while for the appointment, I’m really glad that a lot of our set appointment times are earlier in the day because it does help with the wait time.

We were able to make it to part of the Weight Watchers meeting, which was fun. We hadn’t even sat down yet and Kyle (the leader) was making a point to say how we were both there. She even had me come up and say a few words to the whole group. There were a lot of people there; Joe said there were a lot more members there normal. Everyone was really nice and applauded when Kyle had me say how much weight I’d lost before getting pregnant. It was so cute, she’s just as proud of me as if I was a member of her group that she saw every week. I have to say though, Joe must love going there because they all kept telling me how much they loved having them come and how he’s the only man that’s been willing to stick it out with them. It was really sweet of them all and I’m glad I went. They all are excited for us to come back with the baby and even to bring Jackson, since he’s never been there either.

Now know that I’d eaten a Luna bar and a pear on the ride over the meeting, so I had come prepared to deal with my hunger. After the meeting Joe said that he normally hits the McDonald’s drive thru for a McMuffin sandwich on his way to work. Well, he was really hungry since he’d worked all night and only had 2 slices of pizza the whole night. We ended up going into McieD’s and eating breakfast. I had a sausage mcmuffin with egg and a coffee (my only caffeine for the day), Joe however had a lot more and I won’t embarrass him by saying…hehe. That was just the start of my downfall with food for the day. After eating we headed to the grocery store, than the post office and was able to get back to our street in time to pick up Jackson from the bus! Not bad for the amount of time we were working with.

I tried to recoup myself at lunch, Jackson knows he eats when he gets home and Joe had brought leftover Hawaiian pizza home. It’s not my thing, but I know that Joe likes it and we wanted to see if Jackson would eat it. He did, he liked it a lot! Had 2 slices for lunch and I had a few cheesy bread sticks. I only had soup from my regular lunch though, trying to save it. It still was bad and I won’t go into the details, but I ate a good deal more than I should have during the day. Let’s just end it all by saying that in one day I gained over 3 lbs. I’m not overly worried, I’m back at eating the right way and know I’ll be fine. But, just goes to show I have to be cautious.

As for the rest of the day for Joe, he was tired but never ended up going to bed. He stayed up and spent most of the day playing World of Warcraft. I swear, I didn’t make a big deal and don’t know if I ever actually said anything to him. But, I thought after a while he’s stop. I went out and ran some errands, did some work in the baby’s room and a bunch of other stuff all while he played. Than at night he went back on and played after dinner and even fell asleep at the computer and I had to wake him up. At least this time he didn’t have his character continually running into the wall like he did last time he fell asleep, he’d already logged off the game.

I’m actually feeling tired again a lot lately. But, I realized that it’s probably because first off I’m going to bed too late. Secondly Joe’s not been able to wear his CPAP machine because his nasal passages are all messed up, so he can’t really have that thing on himself over night. I can’t wait until he can wear it again though, that things really helps both of us sleep since it makes it so that I don’t have to hear him snoring and gasping for air all night. He’s so much more restful when he gets to wear it.

Been feeling bad for him though, he’s having a hard time at work and it may mean that he has to go in for a while tomorrow to get stuff accomplished. Plus, he has to rent a van tomorrow to use for the bridal show on Sunday since they have so much to bring over and even has to pick up stuff for it. Hey, maybe this time I’ll get to help out by assisting in the assembly of the bags and getting to snag some of the Dove milk chocolate hearts, although we’ve not finished the leftovers we kept from last week. I’ll make sure his clothes for it at ready, since I know he won’t have time to worry about it.

Oh, today I did a good amount of exercise. It was all because I had time and because I’d not been able to get in any exercise yesterday. So, I did a prenatal DVD (the harder one and had Joe help with the partner section), treadmill and after lunch I did free weights. Felt great after, as always.

Not too sure about tomorrow though. I made a huge list of things that need to get done in relation to the baby’s room and all needed re-arrangement of rooms and furniture. So, I’m hoping to work on some of that but it has a lot to do with if Joe will be home or not.

Update on my Nana…they have come to find that she has endometriosis. They seem to think it’s because she’s on the coumadine (blood thinner) and that it’s caused this for her. My Pop-pop doesn’t get it. He wants to take her off the coumadine to handle it, but my thought is that she needs to be on it for a reason and that they need to deal with the new problem as well. I’m seriously thinking he needs to have a nutritionist come in and tell him what he should do because he makes decisions on his own about her diet plan and I think he’s over doing it in some way. He’s taken her off sugar, for his own reasons, not because he was told too. I don’t get it. It just makes me so nervous for them, so worried for them and wish there was something that I could do to get through to them that we want them to seek more assistance. In the meantime she’s still at the hospital and we aren’t sure when they are going to let her out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home