1.31.2008

I was tired enough on Tuesday night that I never got around to doing the cleaning. But, I had been able to get all my food prep done, so I made the things I needed to and that meant I’d be set up to just plate everything before the ladies showed up to roll the dice. That was nice to have done, so I’m glad I did that.

This however meant that I had to ensure the house would be cleaned before 7 pm on Wednesday. Well, I still wanted to work out in the morning and did, even had Joe help me with the partner section of my harder of the two prenatal dvd’s I have. I knew I couldn’t make it through the day without having done that. Once I was done we had lunch and started up some cleaning. Joe left for his last (hopefully) venous closure and that meant he might not be able to help too much after he got back. Well, he was great. He did a few cleaning things before he actually even left and when he came back he did a bunch more. It really helped me out a lot and I’m very thankful for it. I know he wasn’t doing great and was sore at night, but it meant a lot to me to have his help.

Bunco itself was a blast…like it always is! We started late because we were all busy talking and had to wait for some players, but it worked out just fine. We all got a big surprise when one of our players announced she’s pregnant. She’s 40 (I think, might be older) and she was on the pill…well…after a few months she called the doc and she was 3 ½ months along already. So, she’s due in late May. I can’t believe it; she’s excited so that’s good. You never know in those circumstances.

Having mentioned a few times that our next game might be my last one I realize in hindsight that it probably sounded like I was pushing for them to throw me a shower. The reality is that I was more thinking that I’d be bummed since I’d love to get in two more games before taking at least one month off (probably two) because of the baby. I really feel bad that it might have come off differently and I’m so totally at the point that anything anyone does for me will be appreciated and not expected. So, we’ll see what happens.

Of course it’s Thursday today and I went with Jackson to school. I had fun, as I always do when I’m there. Even though sometimes I feel like a workhorse, it’s still good. I did a bunch today to help out and they were shocked how fast I did some of the projects. It was really cute though that one of the girls in the class came up to me when I got there, all excited, saying…Hi Jackson’s Mom…and she gave me a big hug. It was nice. Plus, they all ask about the baby, I swear they are a part of this whole process in some ways…lol!

Earlier Joe called and he said that he’ll be working double shifts for the next two days. There is just so much to do at work that he really doesn’t have any choice. I feel horrible for him. He’s still dealing with his leg having some pain and he’ll need to stand for that many hours. I mean tomorrow is from 9 am until at least 11 pm or so and Saturday will probably be 8 am until 11 pm or so. I hope he doesn’t burn himself out and at least he’s going to be home for the Superbowl this year. Most years he’s working and he only gets to see things from the half.

Nana update…she’s still in the hospital but hopefully will be released tomorrow. They are getting her med levels under control and it’s starting to look good on that front. Plus, the most exciting this is that they have arranged for a physical therapist to go out to my grandparents house twice a week to help her and for a nurse to come out a few days to check on her. Now, I’m pretty sure that the nurse won’t be long term, but the PT should be.

We have another baby in the family! Joe’s cousin Bill and his wife Stefania had a baby boy this morning. His name is Gabriel and he was 9 lbs and 22 inches. She wanted to go without any drugs, but they ended up having to do a c-section so obviously she got some stuff. I’ve already seen a cute picture of the baby, so that’s fun. We won’t get to see them in person until probably the summer or so, makes it even nicer to get that e-mail.

My belly bean has been moving around like crazy and that’s been fun. It still weirds Joe out, but I’m used to it. I swear, we didn’t have this experience at all with Jackson because I was too fat to see the movement. I’m still a little fearful for what my stomach will look like in the end and what body parts I’ll see trying to poke out…lol!

The other day Joe and I had to have a conversation about some of the feelings I was having lately, ones I even posted about in regards to my friendships. Well, it led to other things that we probably needed to bring up and that’s good. I will say that the timing was not great and it altered the morning that we talked, but it’s okay.

Our little neighborhood is having issues. We have a neighbor, someone I used to consider a friend and not sure what I think of him now, currently involved with drugs. He’s most likely actually even dealing from his house but we don’t have precise enough information or proof to be able to contact the police. Something needs to be done about it, but it’s hard when you can’t call the police with enough information for them to work off of. This guy has really messed up since his wife left with the kids and I don’t agree with how the divorce is going down or what lead up to it, even though I don’t have all the info. But, the fact is, no matter, this isn’t acceptable behavior on his part. He can’t even see his kids now because she put a restraining order out on him and he’s in response (or even prior) isn’t supporting the kids at all. His own family has turned their backs on him at this point and he’s got to get his act together. If he seemed like he was going to do something to fix this, I’d be totally supportive, but the fact is that it doesn’t look like it at this point. I don’t think he’s hit bottom enough. Considering that other neighbors saw what they think was a drug deal go down on our own street I’d have to say that he’s not gotten it yet. Joe wants to go down there and kick his ass. But, I keep reminding him that we don’t know this guys frame of mind anymore, heck he could even have a gun now. Plus, what are these people like that he has living there and that he deals with…we don’t know. I don’t need a bullet put in my husband and not get anywhere as it is. So many neighbors are afraid to say or so anything because of possible retaliation on his part, it’s out of control. I can’t wait to actually see something that I can call 911 about! I’ll be the first one to rat him out, even if we used to be friends that hung out a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home