I had been having a good few days...
Went out for dinner with friends on Friday night, enjoyed seeing them, that was fun.
Friday during the day I saw the OB/GYN and unfortunately didn't have a sonogram, but did set up my appointments for the rest of the pregnancy and the next is a sono and we'll be bringing our son to see what's going on in there. Hopefully, we'll even find out if it's a boy or girl.
Saturday we went to IHOP for breakfast because once I saw they had pumpkin pancakes, I was hooked. We did a bunch of other shopping before lunch and had a pretty good day.
Sunday we headed out to CiCi's Pizza to see what that was like, had a nice lunch with our same friends from Friday night. Even got to head to Trader Joe's and Motherhood Maternity (where I was able to get a pair or corduroys that fit so that my legs are cold!) Hit the grocery store on the way home for dinner fixings and after that I got a ticket for not stopping at a stop sign. I will say, I have done some driving in my time that should have gotten me a ticket(s)...but this time...really don't think I should have been stopped. I even asked my husband after if he thought, honestly, I had stopped or not. He thinks I did. He'd tell me too, he's big on letting me know what he thinks of my driving. Of course our son kept asking why the police man had to get mommy, that felt just wonderful. And, add insult to injury here...I had just avoided killing a kid on a bike that came flying across the street in front of me, out of no where, right before getting to the intersection that I was ticketed for. Believe me, I mentioned that to the officer but I could tell he didn't give a rats about that, although, it's funny to me because this officer came speeding up behind me to give me said ticket...so just where was he when I supposedly didn't stop? Whatever. End of the year and the department obviously needs money and this cop needs to up his "quota." Yeah, I said it. Whatever. I worked in criminal justice, I know the deal. There is a non-spoken quota system we all know exists. It might not lead to anything directly, but we all know it gets them pats on the back, etc. I'm not naive my friends. I know exactly why I was ticketed. There was no one else at this intersection at the time to back me up, I don't even think the cop was actually there at the time, and he was bored. Good going officer, you got the mom in her minivan driving home from grocery shopping on a Sunday afternoon.
Just waiting to find out how many people will hear about this while lil' man is at school today. He likes telling everyone everything...so, when I go in on Thursday to help with his class I bet the teacher will already know.
My weight is up again, even more. I swear, I'm gaining much easier than any other time in my life. It's like the same things that would have meant a 2 lb gain, means a 5 lb gain and I don't get it. It's frustrating and I gained a lot of weight since Friday. I know it's all because we ate out a lot this weekend and I'm hoping to reverse it a little during the week. I can tell my ob/gyn isn't thrilled about it, so I want to be cautious.
Picked out paints last week. A real dark purple for our front door, it's color is called Tannin and almost looks brownish. So, we'll see. Only going to do the door for now, it doesn't look bad with the green that's already on the house so we might keep it with green shutters for a while and see how that looks. I also picked out a purple for our bedroom. Right now the plan is to do a darker color behind our bed as the accent wall and than decide what we want to do for the other walls later. Just want to get some stuff done around here before baby because I know from when lil' man was born that those first two years are pretty much useless for home projects.
Okay, I need to get my rear on that treadmill and get moving. I could procrastinate all day on this computer, goodness knows I have in the past, so....gonna get moving!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home