Let me try to recap the past little while...
Went to the ob/gyn and she set me up w/another ultrasound appointment to make sure that the cyst is gone. She thinks it must be since the pain is pretty much gone and the pains that I am having aren't for sure to be the cyst itself. She also gave us the okay to try to get pregnant again if we're up to it emotionally after the miscarriage. Joe said he liked her, I already do, so that's good to know too.
Spent some time at a local state park about 20 minutes up the road from here. We took a small hike up to see the falls and than we spent time at the lake. It was fun and we are even going back tomorrow. Since that first trip I realized that I really need(ed) a bathing suit, so I did that shopping. Wow, the last time I had to get a bathing suit I was going to Martinique during graduate school, so it's been a while. After looking for what seemed like years, I ended up with two suits from Kohl's that were on a great sale. I'm still not completely comfortable with the idea of being out in public with them on...lol...but I guess I'll get over it (by the way, weight loss isn't kind to the chest region and how it looks in a bathing suit!)
Did our weekly trip to the farmer's market and picked up cake from the people that we got the pie at. Wow, that was some good freakin' cake! I sort of went on a downward spiral with food that night though. So, I have to curb that a little.
Gained weight at my weigh in on Monday and I'm not talking small either. I gained 4.9 lbs in one week...ONE WEEK people! Something just ain't right with that I tell ya. I've been really irked with that since it happened and have had a lot of moments of being so pissed I wanted to eat everything in sight. I know that's crazy talk and I'm trying to get over it. It just pisses me off that it's taken me months to drop these last 5-10 lbs and that I'm close to goal, start jogging and running more and now I've gained weight. Just doesn't seem right. I was in a real funk for a while after being on the scale that morning and I'm trying to get through it without hurting someone.
For those that I talk to through some form of messenger...I have to apologize. I've not been on very often and I do get on, I don't make first contact much anymore. Just trying not to be a hassle to people when they are at work or otherwise occupied. Plus, I know what it's like when you have to get going and don't want to be rude. So, if up to see when you see me...say hi...but I won't be pushing for the talk as we're all busy.
My frackin' dress finally showed up today. Oh my goodness, could it have taken any longer? I still have to try this (unaltered) version of the dress on tonight. I need help with the zipper, so I need Joe to get it on anyway. Of course, I'm all paranoid because of the weight gain this week, but that just means that the other one would definitely be unbearable to wear and wouldn't allow for the whole concept of breathing!
Joe is plugging away with cardiac rehab and doing pretty well. He keeps pushing the limits and they keep telling him to slow down a little, but at the same time they know he needs to do more. It's just the whole thing of him being so much younger than everybody else. Keeps throwing off the works a little.
Jackson is pushing his limits too, but in a totally different way. He's still pushing my buttons and it's just good that he gets what it means when I say that if he's not better we won't go do something else. So, today it was if you don't act right there is no way that we'll go to the lake. It's been working so far, for now.
Started up my tanning for the wedding. I'm so happy, I hate being the pasty white girl. Especially since it's a black dress with white trim. Now to just get my skin to act right and not look like a teenager. And, I need to still make my appointment to get my hair done. Come to think of it, I sure hope that my new stylist isn't on maternity leave already, that would stink.
Well, that's my jumbled up wrap-up of the past while since last posting. I know there was more, just can't think of it all.
Oh, we all know that I watch Food Network like it's my own personal porn. Joe gives me a hard time for that constantly now. Well, I've realized I have a little crush on one of the hosts...lol. I think Alton Brown is cute. I've said it. I'm not taking it back either. I'm so excited for the next installment of Feasting on Asphalt, especially since he's been sporting the facial hair of late and will be on the bike too. Love it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home